2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #1  

gtrippleb

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2320 TL
It looks like Yanmar is bringing the red color to the states. Maybe it's time to trade in a yellow for a red. Any dealers have any information they can pass along on these new Sub-Compacts? Maybe Yanmar will update their website with some information soon.

The picture of the 324 which doesn't look to bad.
http://us.yanmar.com/media/ext/uplo...1-b73a-61cd83ec7d9c/New SCT Tractor Event.jpg

Here's the press release.
YANMAR | YANMAR America Hosts Rollout Events for New Sub-Compact Tractor Line

Over the past couple of weeks, YANMAR America has been hosting Rollout Events for its new line of sub-compact tractors that are being launched this year. YANMAR dealers attended events in Pittsburgh, PA; Albany, NY and Madison, WI to experience the new tractors. YANMAR corporate, sales and service technicians were on site to offer strategy, sales and technical training. These events were a great start to this years introduction, and the dealers were excited to have the opportunity to learn more about and operate the new Ag machinery first hand.

The new line of sub-compact tractors featuring red 221, 324 and 424 models that will take YANMAR back to its original heritage will be coming to authorized YANMAR dealers across the country this spring.

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #2  
I found these on another tractor site, the web address to the dealer who posted them is on some of the pics.

2014 Red Yanmar Tractors-www.jpg

Yanmar 221
Yanmar 221 Spec-1.jpgYanmar 221 Spec-2.PNG

Yanmar 324
Yanmar 324 Specs-1.jpgYanmar 324 Specs-2.PNG

Yanmar 424
Yanmar 424 specs-1.jpgYanmar 424 specs-2.PNG

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #3  
Would appreciate any first impressions of these. Would it be worth the wait to check them out when they hit dealers?

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #4  
I went to the Yanmar dealer about 20 miles from me got some info. My concern is the 3200 rpm onthe engineon the new yanmars. Will this reduce the life of the engines. Other tractors brands the rpm are around 2600. I am thinking about a 324 or 424.

Ohio don 74

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #5  
I have had 2 of the sc2400 ccyanmars had over 1000 hrs on the first the second I have about 300 hrs on
have had no problems with the engines what so ever and as far as the rpm they run smooth no vibration have plenty of power in fact so much so that unless I am in some serious grass mowing or really heavy wet snow I just don't see the reason to keep it cranked at full throttle it doesn't seem to need it (keep your blades sharp surprising how that makes a difference on the speed of the engine) but I always figured if its not vibrating the speed is not hurting anything..
Yanmar has been making these little diesels for a lot of years. lets face it anything green under 50 hp they made for 35 yrs and the green ones seem to set a lot of the bench marks for performance!

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #6  
I went to the Yanmar dealer about 20 miles from me got some info. My concern is the 3200 rpm onthe engineon the new yanmars. Will this reduce the life of the engines. Other tractors brands the rpm are around 2600. I am thinking about a 324 or 424.

Ohio don 74

That's pretty normal for scuts. The bx is 3100 or 3200. They are designed to run faster. AFAIC it's of no concern. You run the engine where it needs to be for the work you are doing. Dogging the engine would be far worse, IMO. I typically run around 2600 to 2800 if I'm working the machine. Sometimes I knock it up to 3k or better, but not often. It runs well regardless.

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts
That's pretty normal for scuts. The bx is 3100 or 3200. They are designed to run faster. AFAIC it's of no concern. You run the engine where it needs to be for the work you are doing. Dogging the engine would be far worse, IMO. I typically run around 2600 to 2800 if I'm working the machine. Sometimes I knock it up to 3k or better, but not often. It runs well regardless.

Like Gods Country said, you run the engine where it needs to be for the work you are doing. Depending on what I'm doing, I'll run it around 2500 or higher.

I can't really tell by the pictures that I've seen online, but I'm hoping the loaders have a quick tach system like most of the CUTS have since they've gone to a two hydraulic cylinders versus the single cylinder option. It's nice to be able to quickly change between loader attachments.

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #8  
I looked at this new tractors today. They were larger than some of the other brands I seen. They are telling me I can use the 221 to replace my Ford NAA I use to mow my two arcer field. What do you think. All I need the tractor for is mowing and rotilling to garden and snow removal. The company rep is saying poeple are interested in the 221 and 424.

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #9  
I saw a 221 at the Cub/Yanmar dealer near me on Saturday-they just got them in on Friday. The one I saw had loader and MMM on it. The one thing that jumped out and concerned me was the placement of fuel filter container-it is on the OUTSIDE of frame rail,on the right side as you're sitting in seat-seems like a good place for it to get taken out by a wayward branch or stone. Not a good design in my opinion.

/ 2014 Yanmar Sub-Compacts #10  
Look and compare bore/stroke ratios before jumping to conclusions about RPM speed. The new Yanmar engines are nearly square (square is a 1:1 bore/stroke ratio), so they can be run faster than engines that have a smaller bore/longer stroke design.