My New Yanmar 221

/ My New Yanmar 221 #1  

micman32

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar 221/Cub Cadet XT2
Here she is! IMG_0123.jpg

/ My New Yanmar 221 #2  
Looks good. Is that what replaced the SC2400?

/ My New Yanmar 221 #4  
Looks nice!
Quite a step up from the Cub L/G tractor you had!
I noticed it has the loader valve already installed...which was an option on the cubs and cub yanmars....nice so you could add a loader or front hitch down the road.
Would you mind telling what you paid for it?

thanks

Frank

/ My New Yanmar 221
Thanks Frank!

Yes, This is a major step up from the Cub. Now I can do more with my property. It did have a loader at the dealer but I wanted just the Tractor and MMM for now. I also bought a Land Pride Cutter. I most likely will get the loader at some point. I paid $11549.99 after trade in of cub and dealer discounts and rebates.
I am very pleased with it. I love the sound of the engine and having more power. It mows great! The 4wd is great! I think it is a very solid and quality built.
I am going to get front weights and a quick hitch.
You are most welcome to see her in person. I think you live fairly close!

MichaelIMG_0124.jpg

/ My New Yanmar 221
Put the 221 thru its paces today. I have a field that has been overgrown for a few years. Lots of multiflora roses etc. The tractor handled it very well with no loss of power. Engine runs smoothly. I didn't think it did too bad on the fuel use. Traction was excellent! I had to use the 4WD a few times.
Over all very happy with the performance!

/ My New Yanmar 221 #7  
Hey Mike -

Howz that 221 doing???

/ My New Yanmar 221
Hi Frank,

The 221 is doing great. I did have an issue with an oil leak but it was taken care of. The seal around the mid mount pto got punctured. I was using my brush hog and I think a briar or rose bush may have been the cause. I did get a quick hitch so hooking up is much easier. Now if it would just stop raining!

Michael