Yanmar EG 445 with I-HMT transmission for Europe ?

/ Yanmar EG 445 with I-HMT transmission for Europe ? #1  

EuroYanmar

Gold Member
Tractor
Tractormatic
Good evening gentlemen,

A few months ago we had a discussion on the board about the possibility that your LX 4900 HST model could be our next Yanmar tractor..

Katahdin thought the mechanical version of the 4900 could be the one that will be exported from us to Europe...

It appears that the reality could be one hundred times better......

Surfing the web I encountered the website of Yanmar.cz (Tchek republik is a member of the european community since May 2004 ).

Here is what I found : Pohle do budoucnosti YANMAR s vario p

Those pictures show the Japan made EG 445 model with the revolutionary tranmission I-HMT. It is not mechanic, it is not hydrostatic : it is the best of both worlds.

This transmission is presented here on the Yanmar japanese website :
EG300 EG400

For those who are interested in the technical principles (in english) of these kinds of transmission you can have a look on this document : http://powersolutions.danfoss.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/web_content/c022870.pdf

The I-HMT transmission from Yanmar is obviously made by Kanzaki firm Kanzaki Kokyukoki Mfg. Co., Ltd.
it has been presented at the techagro 2014 fair in Tcheck republik during this summer :
here are some pictures : komun. On the 12th picture on the left (clik to zoom) you will see the transmission opened to show the inside elements (with the EG445 tractor on the back).

And the BIG NEW is that this trans will be available on this tractor in Tchek Republik whose homologation is now in process :
http://www.yanmar.cz/_storage/media/clanky/2014/56-57 yanmar.pdf

My conclusion is :
- Yanmar released this tractor confidentially in a small european country with a rather inunderstandable language (marketing strategy for short time confidentiality). I apologize for our Tchek friends but english or german is a more spoken language than Tchek in Europe ! Please forgive me !
- Now the european homologation is in process.
- This tractor will be presented at the french, german, italian etc...fairs at the begining of 2015
- Probably at the same moment the kubota L60 series will be introduced to the european customers.

This yanmar has got all the capacities to struggle with the HST+ trans from Kubota !

You can watch the EG400 series videos here : http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=P6pnRNeSLqQ

I am waiting January !

Phil

PS : I am sure my message will be forwarded from the US Yanmar official readers of the forum to the european branch ! I am sorry gentlemen, but this info is pure gold !

Last edited:
   / Yanmar EG 445 with I-HMT transmission for Europe ?
Good morning,

Here are some hotnews !
I found other informations on the Yanmar website of Romania :
On this web site we can see :

1) The Yanmar EG series tractor, here a model EG 445 with I-HMT transmission made in Japan. Have a look on the famous shuttle control specific of the I-HMT transmission. You can notice all the tags on the tractor are in japanese showing these tractors are the one used to perform the CE certification.Tractor EG455 | Yanmar

2) More interesting, you can see another model the EB3100 which is IMHO a burgundy red copy of the SX3100 from US. I think this one is US buit with CE specifications. Have a look on the orange parking break not present in US versions. A funny thing : the rims are still yellow just as the US original tractor.Buldoexcavator EB3100 | Yanmar

3) the model SC2400 and SC2450 just as the US versions :Buldoexcavatoare | Yanmar

It seems the yanmar tractor choice in Europe will be very soon better than ever !

Phil

/ Yanmar EG 445 with I-HMT transmission for Europe ? #4  
Very interesting, thank you for posting, it seems I have some reading to catch up on! I have heard of the HMT transmission development but know little of it, fyi here in the USA Kanzaki and Yanmar are partnered as a company called Tuff Torq.

Nice looking cab tractor btw, hopefully we'll be seeing similar models in the USA soon!

Very interesting, thank you for posting, it seems I have some reading to catch up on! I have heard of the HMT transmission development but know little of it, fyi here in the USA Kanzaki and Yanmar are partnered as a company called Tuff Torq.

Nice looking cab tractor btw, hopefully we'll be seeing similar models in the USA soon!

Good evening,

Yes Katahdin, Kanzaki seems to be clearly a branch of Yanmar corporation. If you have a look here :
Kanzaki Kokyukoki Mfg. Co., Ltd., you will see the Yanmar logo on the upper right corner of their web page and the tuff torque name for hydraulic trans and marine engine gears. We understand why it is associated with Yanmar US in Tuff torq coorporation.

About I-HMT transmission it is hot "new" device for us westerners but , in Japan the EG series tractors (300 series, 400 series and upper) had this transmission installed some years ago. Its design has been finalized in 2006. IMHO it announce the end of both hydrostatic and mechanical transmission for Yanmar tractors less than 50 HP.

About the EB3100 tractor, if it is widely distributed in Europe maybe it will disappear from the US catalogue and be replaced by a more newer model (I-HMT ?)

There is one thing I still don't understand :

It is a very good deal for Yanmar Europe to import US built Yanmar tractors because of the recent lowering of the currency between Euro and US$ an undirect consequence of a decision of your governement to boost US exportations.
But importing EG tractors from Japan could be very costly : have a look for example on this webpage : 2013 | - Part 11 If you scroll down you will see the (biggest) model EG 453 with rear wheels (not tracks) quoted 5700000 yens. This makes the price in euro :41 000 € !!! and in $53 000 !!!

Who will pay this for this tractor ? A possible answer : those "export EG models" will be built outside Japan to lower the costs but where ? US ? If yes you will get, too, these tractors, one day or another, for sure !

Let's wait and see !

Phil

Last edited:
   / Yanmar EG 445 with I-HMT transmission for Europe ? #6  
Pretty interesting stuff. Speaks highly of Yanmar's commitment to a worldwide quality product.

/ Yanmar EG 445 with I-HMT transmission for Europe ? #7  
Dear Yanmar Japan,

On account of there being no Yanmar ag' distributor here in NZ, yet ample opportunity and environment to test your emerging technology here, I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my test pilot services for free. All you need do is send me anything with a FEL, 3PH, PTO and four wheels, for free, and not only will I sign any non-disclosure forms you like but will offer to purchase any tractor at the end of the test period if it meets my exacting standards.

I look forward to a long and productive association with your esteemed company, testing your developments and writing any number of reports.

Thank you in advance,

Kiwi worth-a-shot Bro.