TYM has gone Yanmar

/ TYM has gone Yanmar #1  

Katahdin

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420
Has anyone else noticed that TYM is now using Yanmar engines for its Tier4 55hp and under offerings?
TYM Tractors

The tractor drivetrain business is definitely good for Yanmar! Besides its own brand, Yanmar powers CUT tractors build by John Deere, now TYM, turf machines built by Toro, and at least provides transmissions to Kioti. (Just mentioning this for tractor shoppers who may not be aware).

Congrats to Yanmar is in order for winning the TYM business away from Mitsubishi and Perkins!

Last edited:
   / TYM has gone Yanmar #3  
Yanmar makes a few of the Club Cadets too. Not sure if the John Deere is still in play after 2007 though. At one time, Yanmar sold tractors through the Tractor Supply Company for a few years, then stopped as John Deere wanted their stuff back in the early 80s.

/ TYM has gone Yanmar
The Cub Cadet manufacturing agreement ended several years ago but Yanmar assumed ownership and support of those tractors. From what I can gather Yanmar still supplies engines to and partners with John Deere to design and manufacture drive-train and transmission components. Yanmar also has a subsidiary called Kanzaki that builds HST transmissions, those transmissions have shown up in John Deere and Kioti brand tractors, possible others? It seems Yanmar has a healthy business manufacturing CUT drive-train parts regardless of what brand the components actually go in.

/ TYM has gone Yanmar #5  
Yanmar makes a few of the Club Cadets too. Not sure if the John Deere is still in play after 2007 though. At one time, Yanmar sold tractors through the Tractor Supply Company for a few years, then stopped as John Deere wanted their stuff back in the early 80s.

I own one of those Cub Cadet Yanmar made CUT's. Model 7284. I have a 60" belly mower and a 54" snowblower. Love the attachments. Hate the tractor. Total piece of garbage. Been in the shop more hours than it's been in my garage.

/ TYM has gone Yanmar
I own one of those Cub Cadet Yanmar made CUT's. Model 7284. I have a 60" belly mower and a 54" snowblower. Love the attachments. Hate the tractor. Total piece of garbage. Been in the shop more hours than it's been in my garage.

Johnd32, I don't think you have a Yanmar-made model. From what I can gather your tractor is a 2004 model and has a caterpillar diesel engine. Yanmar started producing tractors for Cub Cadet in 2007, three years later. The Yanmar tractors will have Yanmar engines.

/ TYM has gone Yanmar #7  
The Cub Cadet manufacturing agreement ended several years ago but Yanmar assumed ownership and support of those tractors. From what I can gather Yanmar still supplies engines to and partners with John Deere to design and manufacture drive-train and transmission components. Yanmar also has a subsidiary called Kanzaki that builds HST transmissions, those transmissions have shown up in John Deere and Kioti brand tractors, possible others? It seems Yanmar has a healthy business manufacturing CUT drive-train parts regardless of what brand the components actually go in.

Yep, and they build a fine engine...
Deere also went with a Yanmar engine (replacing a Deere built engine) with the new 4x20 series tractors. Deere apparently couldn't get their own engine to tier 4 emission specs, went with Yanmar instead.

/ TYM has gone Yanmar #8  
The Cub Cadet 7284 was NOT a Yanmar made model.

/ TYM has gone Yanmar #10  
Johnd32, I don't think you have a Yanmar-made model. From what I can gather your tractor is a 2004 model and has a caterpillar diesel engine. Yanmar started producing tractors for Cub Cadet in 2007, three years later. The Yanmar tractors will have Yanmar engines.

Katahdin, thank you for setting me straight. I bought this tractor new in '06 and was told by the salesmen it was a Yanmar made tractor. But Indeed it does have a CAT engine. I will change my opinion on Yanmar.