Block heater on LX410

/ Block heater on LX410 #1  

NHSawyer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet/Yanmar LX410
I finally found the time to install the block heater on LX410 last weekend. This was one the Yanmar heaters.

As Katahdin has said in other threads it is a bit of a chore to get the existing plug out. Once out we saw that the plug had what seemed like green Loctite on the threads.

We heated on the perimeter of the plug and tried a breaker bar with a pipe but it was a nogo. We ended up using a 500lb air impact tool and had to hit it 4 times before it budged. At that point it was an easy job.

We had removed the radiator cap and replaced it before starting. In addition the motor was hot because I had to drive the machine over to my BIL's to use the impacter. Even with that I don't think we had a pint of coolant leak out into the pan.

Now we are set for winter.

/ Block heater on LX410 #2  
Where exactly does the heater install ?

Did you get the part at a dealer, and how much was it ?

After -13 this morning, I find myself in need of one :D

/ Block heater on LX410
Andy,
Ya it pretty cold here too.

There is a plug for it. When sitting in the seat it is on the left side of the engine about in the middle. On the plug there is a square indentation for a half inch drive rachet or extension.

I bought the block heater from my Yanmar dealer. Yanmar started selling them in 2014. I think it was about $100 or so but I am a little hazy on the price.

/ Block heater on LX410 #4  
Thanks, I'll get the flashlite out tomorrow and look in there on the left side of the engine, and check with the local dealer for a heater.

Hopefully, mine won't take the amount of "umph" yours did to come out. All I've got is a 250lb impact.

/ Block heater on LX410 #5  
I recently put a block heater in my EX450 (since it has been beyond cold). I ran the tractor till it was at full operating temp and used a 3/4" breaker bar and the plug came right out. I had tried it when the engine was cold (during the fall) and it wouldn't budge. also only lost a few ounces of coolant. I raised the loader so that the arms were completely out of my way, which helped access.

I bought the 400W one from autoparts and stuff (zero-start 310-0003) for about $40 shipped.

/ Block heater on LX410 #6  
Thanks. I hunted online for one, but didn't find it.

NOW if you'd just stopped by yesterday, I wouldn't have order one from the dealer for 85 bucks ? :mur:

The parts website does look like it has a lot of stuff, though.