FB72 front plow for EX3200

/ FB72 front plow for EX3200 #1  

onelostdogg

Silver Member
Tractor
EX3200
Hi all,

Winter's coming! :dance1: Does anyone have any experience with the FB72 front blade Cub sold for the EX2900/3200? I have seen several for sale at apparently good prices...$1000-$1500 for brand new still on the pallet. I think original price at the dealer was around $3K?
I would rather go with a frame mounted plow. Just my personal preference. I understand the limitations, etc. but I can't find much info on the FB72 other than the original dealer brochure. Kind of seems they weren't all that popular...maybe 6' width and original price were the big issues. I just don't want to find out too late that it was a QUALITY issue!
Any thoughts/stories? Right now, I am even willing to listen to hearsay. ;)

Thanks in advance,
John

/ FB72 front plow for EX3200 #2  
I had one on my ex3200 when I had it. I bought mine for 600.00 in the crate. It worked ok, but the blade is not very heavy duty. It only mounts on the front of frame without any supports to the middle or rear of tractor. If you can get one cheap and its only for snow its ok.

/ FB72 front plow for EX3200 #3  
I know a guy that has the 60" on his Sc2400 Cub / Yanmar, he says it more a dozer, blade as the snow does not roll off the blade when angled, it just piles up.

/ FB72 front plow for EX3200
Thanks both of you. Sounds to me like 2/2 in the No category. Better to spend a little more on something that works well and I don't have to worry about bending if I catch a rock or chunk of frozen slush.

/ FB72 front plow for EX3200 #5  
I also had the 60" on a sc2400. I paid just under a grand for the blade and the dealer had a used frame mount he gave me when I bought the tractor. I used it for 2 winters in northern Michigan. I had no problems with it and was very pleased. I have a 250' gravel drive. It has trip springs in case you hit something. And if you want to use it as a dozer blade it has pins to lock the blade.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Thanks dslansec. Did you ever use the blade for anything other than snow? Just trying to get a feel for how solid it is. I would only use it for snow.

/ FB72 front plow for EX3200 #7  
Thanks dslansec. Did you ever use the blade for anything other than snow? Just trying to get a feel for how solid it is. I would only use it for snow.
No I only used it for snow. I thought it was plenty solid enough. It's definitely not as heavy duty as a steel truck plow that's for sure. It had horizontal creases about every few inches to strengthen it. Maybe the 6' one is even thicker? Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

I will admit I never try to use my equipment for unintended purposes.

OK. Thanks for the info. I feel the same way. Don't want to take a chance on breaking anything trying to do something it was not meant to do.