Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet

/ Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet #1  

Katahdin

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420
Here's a pic from yesterday unloading a full ton of compressed sawdust bricks with my Yanmar LX. Think wood pellets for woodstoves, we mix them with cordwood. Tires are loaded with a water/methanol mix and had 1000lbs on the three point hitch. EA lists these Bradco forks as weighing 280lbs. Note the R1 AG tires compressing under the weight.

LX_unloading_one_ton.jpg

Now I wasn't able to completely lift the pallet off the truck bed, but you could see it take a lot of weight off the truck as the leaf springs uncompressed. I was able to curl the forks a little bit too. Once the pallet was clear of the truck bed I got out of the operator's seat and took this picture. Nice! :thumbsup: Most CUTs in the 40-49hp range can't handle a full ton of pallet weight, but at least the LX can unload it!

/ Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet #2  
My L3240 could unload a 1 ton pallet. I couldn't load a 1 ton pallet like yours I can just drag it off the truck and set it down.

/ Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet
Wow, 4570man has more brass then me, the L3240 is rated at 500lb less then the LX when using the "500mm/20 inches from pins" figure. That makes me feel a little better about maxing out my loader - I'm glad the LX could do it, but I don't want to break something doing it!

/ Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet #4  
Looks like it was delivered by the Army.

:)

Bruce

/ Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet
Not delivered the U.S. Army, but I do own a couple of their 2.5 ton trucks! :D

deuces.jpg

The cargo bed model I picked up in July and did a fine job transporting two pallets of the compressed sawdust bricks, we dropped off the first pallet at a neighbor's house several miles away. They didn't have a CUT to unload tho, I could've driven the LX over there but I figured we needed the exercise...

/ Yanmar LX unloading one ton pallet #6  
Here's a pic from yesterday unloading a full ton of compressed sawdust bricks with my Yanmar LX. Think wood pellets for woodstoves, we mix them with cordwood. Tires are loaded with a water/methanol mix and had 1000lbs on the three point hitch. EA lists these Bradco forks as weighing 280lbs. Note the R1 AG tires compressing under the weight.

View attachment 442857

Now I wasn't able to completely lift the pallet off the truck bed, but you could see it take a lot of weight off the truck as the leaf springs uncompressed. I was able to curl the forks a little bit too. Once the pallet was clear of the truck bed I got out of the operator's seat and took this picture. Nice! :thumbsup: Most CUTs in the 40-49hp range can't handle a full ton of pallet weight, but at least the LX can unload it!

Good job- it's amazing how quickly we find out that we are glad to have bought (more) tractor than we thought we needed... or at least not ending up with something to small.