New 424 owner

/ New 424 owner #1  

Tonyinohio

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 424
Hi all, I just picked up my new 424. I have a 60" finish mower and a 60" 3 pt blade already in my stable. Tractor came with a FEL. Graded the gravel drive and other minor chores yesterday. Great tractor so far. Prior to this I had a Ford 1920.

I bought this site unseen but all comparisons were based on this site and many others. Yanmar is a great tractor brand and the heart of all the smaller JD's so I felt I was making a good choice. Dealer played a role too. I've been dealing with BPS for several years, great support.

So glad to have the purchase behind me. Looking forward to the lawn work.

Tony

/ New 424 owner #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site and congrats on the new rig.

/ New 424 owner
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I've had a few hours of seat time. Near future add ons: tire ballast, middle buster to run drain tile down drive way, rear and side lites mounted on ROPS, tool box, tooth bar on bucket. For my 5 acres its enough tractor.... So far:)

/ New 424 owner #6  
Hi,
Just noticed your post in TBN. I live in Guilderland also, we just got a 424 this past December. Purchased from Turnpike. Only have 45 hrs on it but so far it has been all that we had hoped for. Looking into a grapple for handling brush associated with tree work.
Will look for further posts...

/ New 424 owner
Thanks guys. Does anyone know if i can install the cruise control kit myself? Mowing grass at a steady speed won't happen otherwise.

13 hours to date with a big project this weekend: trenching and gravel.

/ New 424 owner #8  
Small world, The new tractors look good.
If you are looking at a grapple take a look at:MULTI-JAW GRAPPLE!
I have the tach-n-go along with the pallet forks, really good quality and the welds are fantastic.
I am also looking at there grapple.

/ New 424 owner
Found a chink in the armor yesterday. Drove over old drainage tile (plactic corrogated) and it went up towards the rear under carriage and as luck would have it lodged where the cooling fan is mounted by the hydro pump. Ripped every blade off! I have one of order but in the meantime I will be mounting a piece of expanded meral over this area.

/ New 424 owner #10  
That sucks! But thanks for the post. I will be safe guarding mine now. The lower hydro filter has always worried me.