Yanmar Super Expensive?

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #1  

willysmb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1736
I am looking around for a tractor and was considering a Yanmar as one of the options. Yesterday I got a quote back on the 359C at $44,600 including FEL. I was also interested in a backhoe which was an additional $12,500.

Overall I am quoting similar models from LS, Kioti, TYM, Massey, Mahindra, & Kubota. I am not shopping on price alone but it is a factor and I was suprised to see the Yanmar come back so pricey especially when I considered it a brand I was less confident of having long term dealer support.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #2  
By reliability reviews from the orient they were number 2!

/ Yanmar Super Expensive?
By reliability reviews from the orient they were number 2!

One of the reasons I included them is because I kind of thought they would be a really good value being that they did not have a big household name but that they had a quality history. Its hard for me to go for a 359C at 44,600 when I can get the LS4155HC for around 27k. I would be happy to pay up to mid 30's if I found something that I felt was way higher in quality. At 44,600 though I don't see it happening. Espeically with the back hoe being another 13+ where other brands seem to be 6-9 for a back hoe.

Im still going to check them out but I better be blown away, haha.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #5  
I think you will be happy with the LS at almost half the price and likely more options.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive?
I think you will be happy with the LS at almost half the price and likely more options.

Thats probably what I will end up buying. I wont buy junk so my concern with LS is that it will feel cheap when I go to drive one. However, based on what everyone says here they don't get the feeling from it so I assume that is what I will end up with.

I have had trouble deciding between a smaller 25HP tractor and a larger 50HP tractor. At LS prices, I could afford both for the price of some of the other brands!

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #7  
I think ya'all are overlooking the fact the Yanmar has the I-HMT transmission, you're not going to find that on the other brands.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #8  
Where can I find these reviews?

These were on tractors sold in the orient not sold here. It only covered the ten best that end users from the pacific rim nations for reliability. Our tractors have our safety switches, are more feature complicated. The majority of the repairs we do on tractors less then 20 years are from our extra comforts and the safety items failing not the tractor chassis.

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #9  
Here's another thread that discusses the 359. Maybe some useful info there but I don't think it covers pricing...

/ Yanmar Super Expensive? #10  
Wow. Yeah, that price seems way out of whack with everything else in that class. I didn't have a Yanmar dealer near me, but drove a lot of the other brands. We ended up going with the LS based on price, standard features, and history (and no shortage of praise here on T-B-N).

Something seems not right about that high of a quote.