SC2400 MM60RSE Mid Mount Mower

/ SC2400 MM60RSE Mid Mount Mower #1  

sauer

Tractor
Yanmar SC2400
I am trying to decide between the finish and MMM. Price is about a $300 difference, MMM being more expensive.

Any long term (or short) ownership issues for the MM60RSE? I saw thread about gearbox bearings going out, but what about gauge wheels, spindles, etc?

Anyone regret which mower style they went with? Anyone love their decision?

Thanks.

/ SC2400 MM60RSE Mid Mount Mower #2  
Sauer - I have the Cub Cadet 60" mmm you are referring to. I found it very capable of mowing my weeds. The only issue I had with it was that the belt would sometimes slip off the pulleys if I turned on the mid pto at an engine speed of more than 2000 rpm or so. Turning on the pto at around 1600 rpm or so and then increasing speed to around 2700 rpm works well for me. However, I haven't used the mower very much as I have most of my tractor hours removing clay soil from my yard, tilling and chisel plowing (after it rains of course). I think the mmm is a worthwile addition. John

Last edited:
   / SC2400 MM60RSE Mid Mount Mower
Thanks for the input. Think I am going with the MMM.

/ SC2400 MM60RSE Mid Mount Mower #4  
Give Matt a call at baraboo equipment in Wisconsin.....he's got some great deals on mower decks.

That's exactly who I've been working with on this. He should be shipping it out in a few weeks. Thanks.

/ SC2400 MM60RSE Mid Mount Mower #6  
Sauer, did you get your MMM?? I have had one for about 5 yrs now and it is great.

Just came in Friday. I will probably get it mounted up tonight or tomorrow.

My only concern now is whether or not the R4s/w ballast juice will rut up the yard too bad. I live near seattle and this is a record winter for rain, so pretty sure we'll be soggy going into mowing season.

I found a very cheap set of turf wheel/tires. Any thoughts on this?