Yanmar parts

/ Yanmar parts #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
I am ready to move forward on a YT347. One concern that comes up is parts availability.

I realize that their parts infrastructure isn't up to Deere, CNH, MF, or even Kubota levels.

But, I am a very Internet savvy guy, and never have relied on a dealer. My Deere dealer lost their franchise a short time after I got mine. I did all of the repairs myself, even in warranty.

So, I don't see this as deal breaker. Plus, I honestly believe the situation will improve.

I would like to hear of any parts pr service issues that have come up. I hope to hear the good stories, too. It seems like people only remember the bad ones.

TIA

/ Yanmar parts #2  
from my experience, yanmar normal wear parts are stocked and distributed direct from GA. The dealers should have some fluids and tune up kits on hand, but I wouldnt expect more than that. I had to wait 3+ weeks for my 3rd function, hydraulic pump, and SCV valve which were NOT drop shipped direct from Japan, instead, they cross docked through GA to the dealer, and finally into my hands. So, more expensive parts, expect a wait time for them to ship from Japan.

not a huge deal, but in order to keep the warranty, you need yanmar parts, and none are available online.

/ Yanmar parts #3  
For engine parts I suspect it'd be a non-issue due to the fact that Yanmar is one of the largest suppliers of marine diesels in North America and also provides tractor engines for John Deere.

Parts specific to the new YT series may be another story though.

/ Yanmar parts
Engine Parts?!!! Are you serious?!!! :) .

After owning half a dozen Yanmar diesels between us, the only repair that my FIL and I have had on one was new heads for one of his. I always said you shouldn't drive one under water, but did he listen?

Good points, thogh. It always pays to have multiple sources.

/ Yanmar parts #5  
Gives new meaning to the term Marine Diesel

/ Yanmar parts #6  
One week into our new YT359C I did not raise the shop garage door enough and it hung up (1 stupid inch!) on the tractor cab rear as I backed out. CRACK! SMASH! OS moment. Had to order a new cab rear air filter cowling piece. Dealer got it directly from Japan in two weeks! Got missing linkage parts and extra filters out of GA in a week. No problem with that as we are well up in the NW corner of WA state.

/ Yanmar parts #7  
One week into our new YT359C I did not raise the shop garage door enough and it hung up (1 stupid inch!) on the tractor cab rear as I backed out. CRACK! SMASH! OS moment. Had to order a new cab rear air filter cowling piece. Dealer got it directly from Japan in two weeks! Got missing linkage parts and extra filters out of GA in a week. No problem with that as we are well up in the NW corner of WA state.

What is "GA"? I too have been trying to find part sources.....sorry for not knowing.

/ Yanmar parts #9  
GA = Georgia as in the state of Georgia in the USA

Yanmar's US division/plant is down there.

Cheers!

How does one order parts from them? I've found several cub/yanmar websites but looks for my model (sc2450) a lot of stuff comes up unavailable, other than filters and maintenance items.