i-HMT noise

/ i-HMT noise #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Received my YT347. I will have another thread about the experience.

The transmission noise seemed much louder than I remember than during test drives. Its more of a droning than the whine of a hydro. Does that seem to be normal?

/ i-HMT noise #2  
The only time my YT347 transmission whines is when I step on the brake. My dealer is going look at it during the 50hr service but they say it's normal.

/ i-HMT noise #3  
I have noticed at times my YT359 seems a little bit noisier than others. I don't really think much of it. I will try and pay attention to it though to see if I notice it happening when doing specific tasks/operations. It may tend to be the case before fully warmed up...we shall see.

/ i-HMT noise
I stumbled on to the answer to this!

The problem was the cruise control! When I test drove the engine speed was uninhibited; mine was tuned down with the 'engine' setting on cruise. The trans noise is much less noticeable if the engine is making some!

/ i-HMT noise #5  
I did a transmission fluid change as recommended and with new fluid (and filters) the trans noise is much less. The worst part of the change out was getting the darn filters to turn loose. They are in a very difficult to reach location underneath the frame.