Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them?

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them? #1  

VeRV77

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 424 TLB
My dealer said he can order forks for my 424 for a whopping $972.00 + tax. OUCH. Seems crazy to me. Anybody have other ideas about forks for a YL210 loader? PLEASE do not say "bucket forks". I do not want bucket forks. Thanks!

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them? #2  
Our dealership had a good welding shop make some that have 42" forks and 2,000 lb capacity for $550

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them? #4  
Yea when we saw the price of Yanmars forks we immediately looked for another alternative. A local welding shop would be your best bet

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them? #5  
I'm in the market for a set of forks for my 424 as well.

Would john deere one's work? is the quick attach system the same as the Yanmar?

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them?
I'm in the market for a set of forks for my 424 as well.

Would john deere one's work? is the quick attach system the same as the Yanmar?
That's a really good question. They look a bit similar in pictures and I have wondered the same thing. I highly doubt it, because I think the lower pin mount on the John Deere's has a different gauge.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them? #7  
The yanmar pin hookup won't match a Deere because the yanmar locking pin is parallel to the axles whereas the Deere loader coupler pops over a pin at the bottom of the bucket facing the operator and a common snap pin secures it.

Good news! It looks like I've located a shop called "Unlimited Fabrications" in Denton, NC that makes attachments and they told me they can fabricate the Yanmar YL-210 mount no problem. I spoke with the owner, Ronnie, who was very friendly and helpful. They quoted me $425 for compact tractor pallet forks, plus $75 for the Yanmar mount fabrication. Pretty darn great! Here's a link to the pallet forks I've ordered:

Compact Tractor Pallet Forks & Frame - Unlimited Fabrications

Can't wait to get these bad boys - unfortunately I have to wait about 2 or 3 weeks due to their backlog.

/ Pallet Forks for 424 - Who makes them? #9  
Good news! It looks like I've located a shop called "Unlimited Fabrications" in Denton, NC that makes attachments and they told me they can fabricate the Yanmar YL-210 mount no problem. I spoke with the owner, Ronnie, who was very friendly and helpful. They quoted me $425 for compact tractor pallet forks, plus $75 for the Yanmar mount fabrication. Pretty darn great! Here's a link to the pallet forks I've ordered:

Compact Tractor Pallet Forks & Frame - Unlimited Fabrications

Can't wait to get these bad boys - unfortunately I have to wait about 2 or 3 weeks due to their backlog.

That’s a good find! I was doing a lot of searching for a set for my sx3100 a couple months ago and $700 was the best I could find to have my setup made. I got lucky and my dealer found a set they had that was made for my tractor.

That痴 a good find! I was doing a lot of searching for a set for my sx3100 a couple months ago and $700 was the best I could find to have my setup made. I got lucky and my dealer found a set they had that was made for my tractor.

Yeah, I was very surprised. I'll post some pictures of the forks once I get them. No word on when they'll be finished, probably a few weeks. They're a busy shop. Out of curiosity, do you know if your tractor and the 424 with YL210 FEL have the same mount system/size?