Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions?

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #1  

RUMBLON

Silver Member
Hi, four years ago I bought a 2210BD 4x4 Yanmar. I like this little tractor and will most likely keep it but after last years huge snowfall and the realization that something a bit bigger would really help out on my 175 acres, I MAY buy a new tractor.

First off at one point I was trying to use the loader and push snow all winter which my little Yanmar was not cut out for but its all I had and it was a 60 year winter up here. The prior years we saw nothing like it.

I am considering at least the YT235 a 34 HP tractor. I may even look at something a bit bigger. If I buy one I will buy the snow blower too as that will be part of what I use it for I do a lot of fencing work, post holes ect and general ranch building work. When trying to use my older yanmar on some of these tasks its just not up to it.

I am wondering who has this mod of Yanmar and how you like it. he zero percent financing on these is what makes it attractive. I really dont want a payment but out where I am and with a 300 yard road, its almost part of survival when its snowing. Im in the middle of building a home out of pocket and need a decent piece of equipment as well.

Whs has some experience with the new Yanmars???

Thanks Dave

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #2  
Wow, 175 acres, I'd be looking at the Yanmar YT347/359 if I were you. I'm strongly considering the YT235 but that's just for my eight acres and long driveway.

Where are you located? Sounds like with the snow you mentioned you may be interested in a cab.

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #3  
RUMBLON, you should check out "Wranglerstar's" YouTube channel. He's got a really nice Yt359C TLB and a lot of land. He makes great videos.

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions?
RUMBLON, you should check out "Wranglerstar's" YouTube channel. He's got a really nice Yt359C TLB and a lot of land. He makes great videos.

Thanks I did search Yanmar and found a lot of his videos and they are great. The problem now is that I want a bigger tractor and EVERY tool that goes with it.

Im debating the YT235 or a larger tractor and if its worth it.

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #5  
Considering that you're building a place, do you have requirements for a loader in terms of how much and how high it can lift? Lots of folks use the loader as an elevator to do work up high.

A smaller machine can get away with moving a lot of snow if you have a blower. To plow snow effectively you need a lot of weight and ground clearance.

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions?
I am considering the 359 after watching the Wranglestar videos. I have a lot of property, including a 2 acre pond. I have to scratch the surface on what I can do with this property down the road. I have three building permits and two daughters and im trying to get this on this property eventually and maybe even ink out some sort of living from it. Im retired and have no mortgage but my home is half done and Im building it paycheck to paycheck as all out of pocket. I refuse to get a loan or mortgage the land to finish the home. Im just at the point where I think if I had a bigger/ newer tractor I could accomplish some cool things and save my body from some wear.

As far as height is concerned, my main home is up. Next spring I will start the porch. Its a wrap around and will make the home, but yes I may be able to use it a bit. The main home was way to high/tall for any tractor use.

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #7  
RUMBLON,

Two TBN members that have publically posted about having a Yanmar Model YT235 tractor are Geosankie and Holtza. Both have open platform ROPS models according to photos they have posted.

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #8  
I am considering the 359 after watching the Wranglestar videos. I have a lot of property, including a 2 acre pond. I have to scratch the surface on what I can do with this property down the road. I have three building permits and two daughters and im trying to get this on this property eventually and maybe even ink out some sort of living from it. Im retired and have no mortgage but my home is half done and Im building it paycheck to paycheck as all out of pocket. I refuse to get a loan or mortgage the land to finish the home. Im just at the point where I think if I had a bigger/ newer tractor I could accomplish some cool things and save my body from some wear.

As far as height is concerned, my main home is up. Next spring I will start the porch. Its a wrap around and will make the home, but yes I may be able to use it a bit. The main home was way to high/tall for any tractor use.

I think you're on the right road now. 175 acres, building homes, snow country....you need something that's gonna git r dun!

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #9  
If I had that kind of land, I'd definitely want a 359C with the backhoe... and a huge barn full of implements... and a dump trailer... the list goes on. Sounds like an awesome way to spend retirement, and bravo to you for avoiding the mortgage! That's the way if you can do it!

/ Old Yanmar owner whos looking at a new Yanmar, I have questions? #10  
does the 359 have dpf ?