Yanmar quality

/ Yanmar quality #1  

mark2610d

Silver Member
Tractor
L3240HSTC
Took a trip to check out the YT359C tractor. My first impression was WOW!
The yanmar fit and finish is better than any kubota or john deere i have looked it. The attention to details is incredable. The frame is very solid! I like the cab roof design with its low profile stance and a real metal roof skin!! The transmission has a nice skid plate for protection. The tie rod
Joint boots are protected by a steel rod that extends from the frame rail. Rear axle housing has a nice sight glass for oil level. Hood tilts to 90 deg for easy access under the hood. Nice thick hood hinge and metal hood! The cab is i think best in class. I have been a huge kubota fan for the last 12 years owning two grand L cab tractors. The yanmar cab is much nicer in every aspect with the exception of no air ride seat as a option. You can tell the yanmar is pure quality and well designed! Totally impressed by the yanmar new cab tractors to the point that I will be switching over from Kubota to yanmar as soon as my kubota has a buyer. Im not saying Kubota is a bad product at all, moreover I have over 3700 hours of trubble free reliability ftom my two kubotas. I just want the best tractor money can buy and i really think it is the yanmar hands down. The price is also much less than Kubota which is a plus too!
Dealer network to me means nothing because i do all my own mechanical work, service, etc. Just wanted to share my views on the new yanmar lineup.

/ Yanmar quality #2  
Thanks for your thoughts on the new Yanmar's. I feel the same way. The design, technology, and fit and finish is a big step up in quality. They have an near-automotive feel of fit and finish to them. I'm glad to see Yanmar building their own machines from the ground up again instead of building/supplying tractors and engines for everyone else. And Yanmar's 105 years of history is commendable.

The new iHMT puts more power to the ground than an HST and is removable for servicing if ever required. Some folks don't like the column shift for changing directions so I guess it's up to the individual buyers if they like it or would prefer a standard HST from another manufacturer.

Otherwise, what's not to like? Dual rear remotes standard, extendable link arms, infinite speed control, throttle boost, pre-wired third function, etc, etc.

/ Yanmar quality #3  
I agree. We looked around and comparably priced machines were gimped down on so man important areas like Loader bucket rollback or just were rough all over.

In our area the dealers only know how to sell economy models. So, most buyers don’t seem to ‘get’ the deluxe features the Yanmar sports.

I really like the display and the intuitive controls.

I now prefer the reverser over two pedals. I feel it is much safer.

I do my own work as well.

/ Yanmar quality #4  
Why do you think the reverser is safer than twin pedals?

/ Yanmar quality #5  
Switching between various vehicles like my Deere and Willys CJs and get in a sticky situation- where does muscle memory want to fire? My dealer admitted it resulted in his destruction of a 12 hr tractor when he hit the wrong pedal.

This was something I always felt with my two pedal setup. A nagging, just below the surface feeling. But, once I got used to the reverse lever; I felt that the pedals are just wrong. I do admit that brake steering is a bit awkward with this setup, though.

/ Yanmar quality
Just wondering, when you change the reverser lever from either direction will the tractor try to roll while on a hill if your not holding the brake? My kubota hst holds nice and firm during direction changes. Just wondering.

/ Yanmar quality #7  
I believe rockyridgefarm said the amount of roll when switching directions is adjustable with a knob, because sometimes you want some roll and sometimes you don't.

Read the "YT359C" thread, he explained it there. Hopefully he can chime in with a better explanation for us YT wanabees.

/ Yanmar quality #8  
Just wondering, when you change the reverser lever from either direction will the tractor try to roll while on a hill if your not holding the brake? My kubota hst holds nice and firm during direction changes. Just wondering.

I haven’t noticed that as an issue. And all I have is Hills! But, I will try to watch for it. I can say that when the engine is OFF it will roll easily but parking brake is quite handy to engage/disengage. I almost never used it on my green one. I always do on this one.

/ Yanmar quality #9  
Don't have a yanmar dealer close and would like to take a peek at one also. Really like the pictures of the ones I have seen also. I haven't seen much info on the tier 4 setup on their engines and if their common rail or just injection pump. I also do my own maintenance and repairs. I'm not brand loyal and make my decision on most bang for my buck. I'm not paying more because of paint color or dealership availability. This day and time I can have parts in a couple days to fix anything that goes wrong. I really like the little Branson I have because of simplicity (old school non computer injection pump) and its a good built tractor. Not the best but I could say that about all the others also. Next tractor I look at to buy my first stop will be a yanmar dealership, not saying it will be what I buy that all depends on what I get for money and the job I expect it to do

/ Yanmar quality
I believe rockyridgefarm said the amount of roll when switching directions is adjustable with a knob, because sometimes you want some roll and sometimes you don't.

Read the "YT359C" thread, he explained it there. Hopefully he can chime in with a better explanation for us YT wanabees.
Thanks, i will check it out.