Screening to Protect Hydros

/ Screening to Protect Hydros #1  

Jam242ti

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 424 HST
Hello new member here and have 424 FEL on order for delivery in 3 weeks. I want to immediately install the protective screening on the underside of the tractor to protect the Hydros and their cooling fans from ground based damage. Can anyone post a picture of their installation. How is it attached for easy removal to aid in servicing? What are the dimensions of your screen and what type of screen/mesh do you use? Would you do anything differently? Any suggestions will help me in the prefabrication stage.

Much Thanks,

Jim

/ Screening to Protect Hydros
Ok, replying to my own post. Seems my months of research and visits testing didn't discover there is a Yanmar engineered solution for protecting the hydros. Good to know and thanks to Yanmar for monitoring this board.

/ Screening to Protect Hydros #3  
Ok, replying to my own post. Seems my months of research and visits testing didn't discover there is a Yanmar engineered solution for protecting the hydros. Good to know and thanks to Yanmar for monitoring this board.

Where did you find this engineered solution? Do you mind posting a link if it's online somewhere? Any cost information?

/ Screening to Protect Hydros #4  
It seem's that with any & all "color" tractors that your on your own as far as underside guarding, although I think that I have read here about some aftermarket stuff for Kubota's "b" series. I don't know for sure. Good luck.

Here is a copy paste from the Yanmar guy that monitors this board. He didn't mention cost.

Perhaps you already know this but there is now a very ruggedly built, Yanmar-designed protective screen/shield part that can be dealer installed.

Here are some part number details:
Fan Guard Kit FANGD-SAP for SA Tractor
Parts needed:
Item No. Part No. Description Qty.
1 1A8330-99730 Cover, Fan 1
2 26106-080402 Bolt, 8X40 2
3 1A8330-99740 Spacer 2
4 0F041-EN0340 Assembly Brief 1
5 1A8330-99710 Stay Assembly, Cover 1
6 26106-080162 Bolt, 8X16 6

At this point this is all I know about it. Next chance I get I'll call my dealer and see what kind of money we're talking.

Jim

/ Screening to Protect Hydros #6  
Very interesting! I should call my dealer too and see what they say.

/ Screening to Protect Hydros #8  
I used heavy expanded steel screen as armor under my Kubota L3560.

Big Box stores usually only have light expanded steel screen.

This heavy expanded steel screen from Zoro via eBay has held up well and did not require cutting to fit area needing protection.

For $21 plus some bolts, nuts and fender washers this is likely to be one of your cheapest forms of armor protection.

ECRS#924:unsure:2 Expanded Sheet, Rsd, Carbon, 2 x 2 ft, 2-#9 | eBay

/ Screening to Protect Hydros #9  
I had the Deere OEM kit on my 4310. It wasn't cheap (duh!) but did a good job. I can't imagine that Yanmar is giving these away. But, it sure is great that they offer it!

Got the quote $275 installed. Seems rich for something that should be engineered into the tractor (durability) and included. So my original request is renewed, anyone install their own version? Maybe a picture or some lessons learned. Thanks to Jeff9366 for the link to a solid screen material. Maybe when I install mine I'll video the process and put it on YouTube, it'll be my first ever post.