424 Locking Diff Kit

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit #1  

BSLMS

Tractor
Yanmar 424
Has anyone installed the locking diff pedal kit for the 424? I just found that one is available from YM and was wondering about it. We do occasionally get into situations where it would be helpful and I would like to install one.
Any idea on the cost? Will be checking with the dealer after the first of the year.

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit #2  
Has anyone installed the locking diff pedal kit for the 424? I just found that one is available from YM and was wondering about it. We do occasionally get into situations where it would be helpful and I would like to install one.
Any idea on the cost? Will be checking with the dealer after the first of the year.

Just checking to make sure you know this fact about your Yanmar Model 424 tractor. Yanmar Differential Lock - The Brake

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit #4  
I've used the brake lever many times to lock the diff on my 424. Seems to work just fine.

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit
I was aware of using the brake pedal to engage the lock. I was just looking for a better method than trying to use one foot on two pedals. It's awkward when trying to regulate your ground speed and lock the Diff in a tight spot.

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit #6  
I totally agree its awkward. I've never even tried to do it with my foot. I reach down an push it with my right hand.

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit #7  
Awesome info! Too bad this wasn’t advertised more a few years back. Would have been a handy feature to use a few times. Thanks for sharing!

/ 424 Locking Diff Kit #9  
Seems I was bit by the starter interlock to the parking brake, the parking brake interplay with the diff lock, the locking parking brake and asphalt. Noticed the diff lock as the tires slipped and the diff lock popped. Yuck. Rounded off the tips diff-lock pins where they are supposed to slip into the differential gear.

Adjusted the parking brake so it grabs noticeably at the first locking position. Now I need to turn it off before the tractor moves normally.

Erbid