iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience

/ iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
After living with my YT347 for a bit, here are my thoughts. I still consider myself new at this; I willl learn more. Of course, I am expressing my opinions and others may see things very differently. I hope others will chime in.
I also have the open station. Cab owners will have some other thoughts. /

• The system works as intended. There aren稚 really any times that I have felt that something didn稚 祖lick right, a selection was too hard to make, or anything was unclear.
  • The pedal layout is consistent and safe. From the right, I have 疎ccelerator? brake, then clutch pedals. Just like my two trucks. My Hydro had Reverse, Forward, and then Brakes in the clutch position. Muscle memory friendly. I had near misses with the 2-pedal and know of worse experiences.
  • The reverser lever makes sense in this class. Again this is more consistent with Utility Tractors.
  • The accelerator pedal seems to be a little too far right. But, in real use, it is fine. Because:
  • The cruise control is the bomb. Intuitive. Versatile. Smart. Having the ability to choose to control either power or groundspeed is key.
  • A-B mode, power boost, etc. These are great when useful and invisible when not needed.
  • So many things are standard equipment. Full cruise control. Rear remotes. Telescopic draft links. Skid steer quick attach. Quick park loader. Bucket level indicator. Wheel valve sem guards. Side auxiliary lights. Joystick mounted controls. Heat shields for feet.
  • I never considered a reclining seat back - but I can稚 believe how nice it is for hooking up attachments.
  • Oh, the tank fill is low. And there is a light over it to fill at night.

Caveats:

• Hydraulic flow could be faster.
  • iHMT is a little louder than I hoped. I was ready for no hydro whine. Not a big deal.
  • This Thing really rolls easily when powered off. The parking brake is great and I always set it.
  • Toolbox with a lid. The included cubbies are really nice. But, there needs to be somewhere to safely store the little things. Please!
  • Brush guards for lighting are needed.

I値l add more later. Hoping other do, too.

/ iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience #2  
Great write up RockyRidge! This will be very helpful for new YT buyers.

I was thinking that owners of the YT235 and YT347/359 should contact the fella over at Tractordata.com to help him get all the stats out there on tractordata. That would be helpful to potential new buyers checking into all the stats.

/ iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience #3  
Good overview RR! I would add that having a cab captures a lot of the transmission whine. For long work sessions I have again begun using ear plugs! I did notice though that when I did a transmission flush and filter replacement the Mobil Trans fluid seems to have quieted the whine a bit.

/ iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience #4  
Good overview RR! I would add that having a cab captures a lot of the transmission whine. For long work sessions I have again begun using ear plugs! I did notice though that when I did a transmission flush and filter replacement the Mobil Trans fluid seems to have quieted the whine a bit.

The wining noise was the first thing I complained about on my YT347, but the dealer said it was normal. I have a 50 hr service coming up , hopefully it will quiet it down a little like yours, thou I'm getting use to the whine.

Last edited:
   / iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience
The whine is really not too bad. At first, it was just 'Is something wrong'? Now it is fine. But I do notice that it changes depending on the work load. So, I can see where it might get you - Kiwibru!

When I change my fluids, I am also adding the red dye. It is a huge help for me.
Oh, and keep us posted on the Mobil fluid!

/ iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience
Side note: Please forgive my first post - it was edited on iPad - obviously the forum sees it as Klingon.