Yt359 cat I hitch?

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #1  

Macinnis

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT3 57 Cab
Is the 59hp yt359 really a cat 1 hitch?

It痴 on my list of top three tractors, and one of the implements I plan on using most is cat II only.

If I can稚 get that implement, then I may as well downgrade to a 50hp tractor and save on some implements.

Thanks,

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #2  
Is the 59hp yt359 really a cat 1 hitch?

Itç—´ on my list of top three tractors, and one of the implements I plan on using most is cat II only.

If I can稚 get that implement, then I may as well downgrade to a 50hp tractor and save on some implements.

Thanks,
it is category 1

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #4  
How can Implement be cat 2 only? Can you specify?

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #6  
The main difference between a cat 1 and a cat 2 is the PIN size. The pin holes for the three-point on cat 1 are smaller than cat 2. You cannot fit the larger pin of a cat 2 into the smaller ball ends of a cat 1 tractor. However, you CAN fit the smaller pin of the Cat 1 into the Cat 2 implement mounting holes. You'll use bushings in the holes of the Cat 2 implement so that the smaller Cat 1 pins aren't "loose" when you mount the flail.

So... Yes, you can certainly use that Cat 2 flail on a Cat 1 tractor.

However, your issue might come down to HP. I run a 90" Ford 918h flail on my Massey 1652. I "might" be able to run a 96" flail, but this size tractor is better suited to 7'ish feet instead of 8'ish feet of width.

If you're going to be doing a lot of mowing with that flail, I would recommend you step up to the next size machine.

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #7  
So... Yes, you can certainly use that Cat 2 flail on a Cat 1 tractor.:confused3: You can use Cat 1 on a Cat 2 NOT Cat 2 on Cat 1

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #8  
raybender, really like that Yanmar tractor, did you buy in Geneva? Easily convert CAT2 implement to CAT1 lower links w/ reducer bushing.

EDIT: My error, reversed the scenario. Mea Culpa. Fortunate to be in the company of infallible and graciously perfect folks.

Last edited:
   / Yt359 cat I hitch? #9  
You can NOT mount category 2 implements on a category 1 tractor. Unless the pins on the category 2 implements can be changed to category 1 pins.

But you can mount category 1 implements on a category 2 tractor, with the use of bushings.

/ Yt359 cat I hitch? #10  
raybender, really like that Yanmar tractor, did you buy in Geneva? Easily convert CAT2 implement to CAT1 lower links w/ reducer bushing. I do it frequently.

How do you put a smaller bushing on a bigger diameter pin :confused3: CAT 2 WILL work on CAT 1 with a bushing BUT Cat 2 WILL NEVER FIT IN A CAT 1 LOWER ARM