YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size)

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #1  

rickymac85

Tractor
Yanmar YT359C
Does anyone know what the final drive gear ratio is on the YT359? Im looking to go to a size bigger tire and need the ratio in order to match the front and rear tires up for the correct lead. Ive called Yanmar America and they act like it is top secret information. Thanks

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #2  
You just need to keep the ratio of tire circumference between front and rear the same (or close to it) to keep the front tires turning slightly faster than the rears. Don't need to know the final drive ratio for that.

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #3  
I'm assuming you currently have R4 industrial tires. Look into the AG tire sizes, those will be a size taller.

Ag (R1) - Front 8 - 16
Ag (R1) - Rear 14.9 - 24

If you don't want the AGs, you could use the dimensions as a baseline for the R4s you want to buy.

Edit: I should add that the AG tires will not fit on your R4 Rims, you'd need to buy new rims or stick with R4 style tires.

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #4  
Your owners manual may give optional tire sizes and types. My New Holland manual does.

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #5  
Does anyone know what the final drive gear ratio is on the YT359? Im looking to go to a size bigger tire and need the ratio in order to match the front and rear tires up for the correct lead. Ive called Yanmar America and they act like it is top secret information. Thanks

Did you ever find this information? I couldn't find it on my older YM336, so I found a way to measure it....actually two ways to measure it. I'd be glad to chat about how to do it if you are still looking for the info.

After measuring mine, I bought tires so that their rolling circumference matched the internal gear ratio. Had to buy two front steel wheels to fit the tires I wanted, but they were surprisingly inexpensive. My tire swap worked well. So well in fact that I discovered something I hadn't known: that Yanmar uses the normal slight drive train windup as their way of keeping the 4wd lever in position over bumps. Mine had close to zero percent windup and the lever's own weight was enough to shift it into and out of 4WD, so I added a simple lock to the lever. BTW, the normal slight drive train windup is apparently due to a deliberate & ndustry standard 3 to 5% overdriven front vs rear ratio for steering control.
rScotty

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #6  
Did you ever find this information? I couldn't find it on my older YM336, so I found a way to measure it....actually two ways to measure it. I'd be glad to chat about how to do it if you are still looking for the info.

After measuring mine, I bought tires so that their rolling circumference matched the internal gear ratio. Had to buy two front steel wheels to fit the tires I wanted, but they were surprisingly inexpensive. My tire swap worked well. So well in fact that I discovered something I hadn't known: that Yanmar uses the normal slight drive train windup as their way of keeping the 4wd lever in position over bumps. Mine had close to zero percent windup and the lever's own weight was enough to shift it into and out of 4WD, so I added a simple lock to the lever. BTW, the normal slight drive train windup is apparently due to a deliberate & ndustry standard 3 to 5% overdriven front vs rear ratio for steering control.
rScotty

What size tires and wheels did you end up getting? Im looking to put wider r1 tires on the yt359c

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #7  
bigweights, I am looking at the same Yanmar you have and also a 4066r JD with cab. Between 10 and 12 thousand difference in price is what I have been given. See you have a 4044 in your list of equipment. How do you compare the two if you don't mind. Why do you want wider tires on the Yanmar?

/ YT359 Final drive ratio (Tire size) #8  
what size tires did you get?