New YT347 ROPS with Accessories

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #1  

sloeffle

Bronze Member
Tractor
1959 Fordson
A few weeks ago I picked up a new Yanmar YT347. Before I decided on the Yanmar, I looked at JD, Kubota, NH and Kioti. Of those machines I felt that Yanmar gave me the best quality tractor for the dollar. It isn't the heaviest ( Mahindra ) or the most amount ( LS ) of tractor for the money, but it is what I felt was the best quality machine for the dollar. I'd put Yanmar up with Kubota and JD in the quality department. I have had a green painted ( JD 770 ) Yanmar for the past 13 years and the machine has ran flawlessly. If you have any specific questions why I chose Yanmar please let me know.

On a YT347 Yanmar is offering $500 worth of free accessories. The reason I am staring this thread is that when I bought my machine I was unable to find any pictures of what the light kit looked like on a ROPS tractor or what the magical $78 toolbox that goes on the fender looks like. Hopefully this thread will show people what those accessories look like vs having to wait until they are on the machine. I wish Yanmar would do a better job of marketing the tractor themselves vs paying people on YouTube to do it. I know that has been discussed in other threads so I won't beat the dead horse.

I ordered my YT347 with the following items:

• Block Heater
  • 3rd Function Valve
  • Two Work Light Kits ( NOT LED )
  • Quick Hitch ( worthless IMHO - I am glad it was "free" )
  • Loaded Rear Tires
  • Magical Cup Holder / Toolbox

I have put 5 or 6 hours on the machine and have been happy so far. My only gripe is the transmission noise. From reading in other threads, that sounds like it will go away some as time goes on.

IMG_1706.jpgIMG_1707.jpgIMG_1703.jpgIMG_1708.jpgIMG_1704.jpg

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #2  
Oh man, that is a sweet setup! Super jealous, and I agree that the fit and finish, and overall feeling of quality on the new Yanmar's is top notch. Add to it Yanmar's 100+ year history and the fact that they build it from the ground up, including the motor is great.

The light kit looks kinda old school. I would've expected fancy LED's. And the tool box cup holder looks handy.

Good luck and congrats!

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #3  
Great Pics!

I think it is more accurate that the trans noise changes depending on your application. Not that I have that much experience either.

How are the worklights controlled?

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #4  
The trans noise was the only gripe I had with my YT347. I have just over 50hr on it and just had the trans oil changed. The noise maybe a little less or I'm just getting used to it. Otherwise I love the tractor. The only options i got were the 3rd Function Valve and backhoe and the free Quick Hitch.

Congrats on the new tractor

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #5  
One thing we L O V E on the ROPS version are the clear heat shields in front of the pedals. That is my wife's most favorite thing. She really likes not melting the skin off her feet - and wearing boots isn't an option

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories
Great Pics!

How are the worklights controlled?
Mike,

The work lights have a little switch on the back of them that turns them off and on. That is kinda nice because each one of them can be independently controlled. For as much as I am going to use them I'll probably just leave them alone.

I do like the clear heat shields too. They also seem to help with keeping the mud and dirt off of the operators platform too.

Scott

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #7  
Congratulations on the new purchase! I think you will be happy with the tractor. I have a YT359C which now has about 200hrs. There are many things I like about the tractor. Have you noticed yet that as you are filling the fuel tank the tractor will beep when the tank is full? I find this especially useful when filling with a crank pump from my 50 gallon diesel tank.

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories
Have you noticed yet that as you are filling the fuel tank the tractor will beep when the tank is full?
I put fuel in the tractor a couple days ago and didn't notice any kind of beeping when it was close to full. I had the tractor completely turned off so maybe that is why it didn't do it ?

I know 200 hours is not a lot. Have you any problems or ran into any unforeseen issues with your YT359 ?

/ New YT347 ROPS with Accessories #9  
I noticed the fill beep by accident. At first, I thought it was a timed reminder that I had left the key in and the ignition on.....thought it was a strange coincidence that I timed it just right to match when I was done filling. But then I realized, I'm never that lucky.....I confirmed it with the ignition on at my next fill. I'm not sure exactly how it is implemented, but my guess is that it sounds a set number of beeps at a set tank level and then disables the feature until the tank drops below another level. I suppose it could be more intelligent, monitoring the level of the tank to watch for a slow progression upwards...who knows. In any case, I use it all the time with the ignition in the run position. It might work on the accessory position as well....not sure.

I have had no trouble with the tractor whatsoever except some dealer prep issues that were corrected immediately by Yanmar and the dealer. Yanmar came to my home to fix the issues, and the dealer gave me a maintenance kit for the trouble. I appreciated the response from Yanmar and the dealer. The tractor is really good, runs like a top and has done all I have expected of it. There are some things that I think could be improved, as with all tractors. When I get some time, I should put together a list for the forum.