YT3 Low range - LOW RPM

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
What am i missing?

When I shift the transmission into 'A' range the engine speed drops almost to idle and won't budge regardless of position of the throttle lever or foot pedal. I don't see anything in the manual that would guide me. I admit that I haven't spent a lot of time on this

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM #2  
What is your RPM set to on the AB mode switch?

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM
I'll try to check tonight

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM #4  
The RPM's on my tractor actually increase when I switch over to A range because my AB setting is set at 2600 RPM. I am using A range to run my PTO implements.

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM #5  
Knotch is probably onto the issue. You probably have RPM set super low in "a" mode. Just increase the RPM setting and you will be good.

I still haven't tried it! I forget when I am using and remember when I am miles away!

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM #7  
correct me if I am wrong please, but aren't A and B just electronic throttle/speed presets?
It should have nothing to do with the "gear" the tractor is in

/ YT3 Low range - LOW RPM #8  
Groo,

A and B set the maximum engine RPM and Speed regardless of gear. So if A mode is one and the RPM is set to say 1000, the tractor will never go above 1k RPM unless the mode is changed or the setting in A is changes. Or say you set the speed at 2 MPH, it will only go 2 MPH no matter what range you are in or RPM the engine is at.

Chris

It was the cruise setting. When I turned up the dial the engine runs faster, mow. It was only affecting A range.