yt3 47 or 59 loader ability

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #1  

PA hayseed

Platinum Member
Tractor
nx5010 hst cab
Please respond only if you have one of these models, as I have read the spec sheet from the manufacturer myself.

I need to know if these tractors can lift 2050 lbs off a trailer (lets say 2.5 high), and move the item 100' or more. I was hoping someone who has one these tractors has tried this. I have heavy duty forks, the weight would be forward of the pivot pins, and of course there would be counter weight on the tractor. A lot of spec sheets claim a tractor can do a thing, but real life dictates otherwise. Don't want to buy one if it cannot do the thing I need it to do. My back is getting worse year after year and I am tired of removing wieght from pallets just to be able to move items around.

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability
For clarification purposes I am looking at the yt3 models with cab. I am looking at all brands/colors and am keeping an open mind, but I need to make sure the tractor I buy can do the tasks.

spec sheet says for the yt3 loader with bucket ( from the yanmar brochure) so I am unsure of the fork ratio compared to the bucket
Lift capacity at pivot pins 2,500 lbs. (1134 kg)
Lift capacity at 500 mm forward of the pivot pins 1,795 lbs. (814 kg)

500 mm is a little more than a foot and a half. forks are 4'. Bucket weight 319 lbs. (145 kg) (from brochure) so I figure that it is about the same weight overall as the forks. Although the forks are 4', the majority of the weight, once tilted slightly would be placed towards the pivot pins.

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #3  
PA hayseed,

I have a YT359C but have not had the occasion to lift anything that heavy yet but my suggestion would be to go to your dealer with your concerns and have them demonstrate lifting a weight that heavy and would put to rest any doubt you would have.

Bob

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #4  
Please keep us posted as I am now interested.

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #5  
Can't nearly all loaders lift over their rated?
I always assume the rated load was a CYA number, and is at full height. I would think you'd be fine. Maybe stick a come-a-long between the top of the cab and the forks;)

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #6  
I talked to my dealer about this when I bought my machine. He claims it will pick up a ton. He recommended loaded tires ( which mine are ) and having an implement on back. I値l know this fall when I have to unload my buddies pallets of wood fuel pellets.

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #7  
Blue has proper approach. Have dealer bring you a demo tractor or duplicate your lifting task at the dealership.

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #8  
Haven't done it yet but I'm sure the YT359 we just bought will lift a pallet with a ton of wood fire pellets or stall pellets with easy

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability #9  
I handled approx. 1200lb. round bales with forks on the front of my open station 347 without any issue. I had a bale on a spear in the rear as my only ballast. they weren't tipped back so the weight was pretty far out there. Still not the same; which is why having a dealer bring a demo is the best plan. Especially because it makes a difference what the terrain and surface that are involved are like.

/ yt3 47 or 59 loader ability
As a follow up, I talked to my local yanmar dealer and he was reluctant to say that the tractor could lift a ton off a trailer. He was also reluctant to bring one by for me to try out and see if it could. THe only consolation I received was that I could bring a ton of whatever on a pallet to his dealership and they would use the tractor with their forks to see if it would do it. Anyway, with hesitation and that much run around (about 30 miles from my house) I have ruled out the yanmar for consideration. Thanks to all who helped in my search for information. Kubota seems hit or miss right now with some saying yes and others no. Have a few more inquiries there.