3rd funtion operation?

/ 3rd funtion operation? #1  

Ffphil

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT359C
I just had the 3rd funtion installed and don't have an attachment to try it on. On my FEL control stick there is one new button. How will this operate a grapple? I expected a toggle switch, one way to open the other to close. The single button has me confused.

/ 3rd funtion operation? #2  
Your FEL joystick uses the 'pull towards the back' = raise the arms, 'push away from you to the front' = lower the arms.

'Bring it in to you (to the left)' = tilt the implement up, 'push away from you (to the right)' = tilt the implement down.

PUSH and HOLD IN the new (3rd function) button:

'Bring it in to you (to the left)' = close the implement, 'push away from you (to the right)' = open the implement.

Clear as mud. :)

/ 3rd funtion operation? #3  
Sounds like you have a “diverter” that will redirect the dump/curl circuit to the grapple. It’s a very common and cost effective system, and generally easier to install than a true 3rd function system that taps into the main hydraulic system.

/ 3rd funtion operation? #4  
Yes, and keep the button depressed until you return the joy stick to the nutural position otherwise in the case of a grapple you値l drop the load.
As simple and effective as a diverter valve is there is a bit of hand eye coordination to get really effective using it.
That being said, my grapple is an amazingly useful tool.

B. Johh

/ 3rd funtion operation? #5  
Additionally you can pull joystick left to curl attachment and cycle the button (push/release/push/release) and alternate betwen the two functions in a somewhat smooth manner.

/ 3rd funtion operation?
Thanks guys, got it. The owners manual just doesn't describe how it works at all.

/ 3rd funtion operation? #7  
Ffphil, if you don't mind, can you tell me what the cost difference is between the two systems? The diverter and physically running 2 sets of steel tubing? I guess 2 sets for a push-pull set up. Another question is, does the grapple stay on the bucket permanently or is it removable?

/ 3rd funtion operation? #8  
I have the third function on my tractor - cabover4us. Its WR Long hydraulic over electric and is classified as a true third function system. It was installed by the local Kubota dealership in 2014 along with the Land Pride GSC 1560 grapple. The third function hardware & installation cost - - $1195.

/ 3rd funtion operation?
Mine cost about the same. Can't answer your other questions as I don't know. I'll wait to learn something new with you from one of the smarter guys on here. Also still waiting on grapple as it was 10 weeks out. Hope it gets here soon as blackberries are killing me.

/ 3rd funtion operation? #10  
cabover4us - I have a grapple that replaces the bucket on the FEL. Its either the bucket or the grapple that is attached. I guess it could also be nothing attached too. I don't think a grapple/bucket is quite as easy to detach. Its more of a permanent attachment to the bucket. I've never seen a bucket/grapple in person but have looked at them on a couple web sites.

Check - Everything Attachment, Anbo, Land Pride for bucket grapples.

Last edited: