YM2010 - the good, the bad, the ugly?

/ YM2010 - the good, the bad, the ugly? #1  

Philip_L

Tractor
Kubota L185 2WD
Guys

I am looking at upgrading my tractor from my current Kubota L185 to a Yanmar 2010 - found one in the paper. I am looking for more horsepower and the 3 cylinder engine vs the 2 is nice. Are parts readily available for the 2010 and is it a good tractor and worth upgrading for the extra horsepower. Can the 2010 run a light duty 5' bush hog? What are the going rates for a 2010 with 750 hrs, and in good condition.

Thanks

/ YM2010 - the good, the bad, the ugly? #3  
IMO (in that particular link from Sandman) that the shop that installed the second crank shaft should have checked and/or line bored his block before installing the 'new' crankshaft.

In the 4 years of owning several Yanmars and participating on this and other forums, broken crank shafts and Yanmar engineering is a 'non-issue'.

I have a YM1601 (among other models) and purchased it with 696 hours. It now has nearly 1800 hours and the only thing I've replace is the water pump, 2 batteries and all the rest has been routine maintenance.

Mark

/ YM2010 - the good, the bad, the ugly? #4  
I have owned a 2010 for the past 4 years and love it. The shuttle shift is great especially when you are doing a lot of backing up and forward motion. The tractor is one of the toughest little tractors I've ever owned. Handles a 5 foot bush hog with no problems, will cut anything you can push over. The only problem is the original starter is not quite heavy enough, had to rebuild the starter. They have since come up with a gear reduction starter that is supposed to cure the problem. Suggest you fill the rear tires, so you can utilize all the power this little brute puts out.