Broken 3 point lift arm

/ Broken 3 point lift arm #1  

longrange2

I have a broken lift arm on my Yanmar 2620D. Looking at the rear of the 3 point it is the arm on the right. Will any cat 1 lift arm work or will I need to get a Yanmar part? Not sure how I broke it. Thanks, Ken

/ Broken 3 point lift arm #2  
don't know if any arm will fit or not. But, I'am sure you can order one from one of the dealers that post here

/ Broken 3 point lift arm #3  
longrange2 said:
I have a broken lift arm on my Yanmar 2620D. Looking at the rear of the 3 point it is the arm on the right. Will any cat 1 lift arm work or will I need to get a Yanmar part? Not sure how I broke it. Thanks, Ken

Assuming you mean the lower lift arm, you may need to order a set to assure having a matched pair.

/ Broken 3 point lift arm #4  
longrange2 said:

Upper or Lower?

Danny

/ Broken 3 point lift arm
Lower lift arm.

/ Broken 3 point lift arm #6  
Where is the break on the lower arm? Is it at one of the ball swivels or at the lift pin area? Also, what caused the break? Was a implement on the rear at the time of the break? Keep us informed please.

Dick Jermyn

/ Broken 3 point lift arm #7  
Lift arms are not universal, but are based on a standard. Manufacturers tend to put a bit of their own twist to almost everything OEM. You may find similar arms with slight differences as to where the lift link assembly attaches, or perhaps multiple holes. The core concept of the 3 point hitch is that it is completely adjustable. This is the reason for the right lift link assembly being a screw.

Although it's nice to have a matching pair of lift arms, it isn't necessary. Just ensure the distance between centers remains pretty much the same. You can also purchase weld on ends to rebuild arms if the ball end split. Try to maintain the original geometry of your system and you'll be fine.

I have used many a tractor with mismatched lift arms. As long as they are the same center to center, slight variations won't hurt anything.

Tom