YanMar vs Iseki

/ YanMar vs Iseki #1  

kfin

Silver Member
Tractor
YM2310D
I know this is a YanMar forum, but I have to ask anyway. Are there any major differences in these two tractors for my use. My use is a little food plotting and some brushhoggin, possibly a FEL at a later date. Any reason to buy one over the other? Parts availability, maintenance issues?

Which models would be comparable in the mid 20 to low 30 hp with 4wd?

Thanks,

/ YanMar vs Iseki #2  
I have used an Iseki and it was nice.

There is a vast series of Yanmars from very small to Turbo 4 cylinder models, along with a great selection most models imported today are very well supported. Most parts are not an issue and in many cases can be had in normal 2 day shipping. There are other options like power shift etc..but what is probably most important about ANY import tractor is the dealers and support they offer after the sale.

If you're looking for mid 20's HP you might consider the YM2210 as a good starting point.

Mark

/ YanMar vs Iseki
That is exactly the tractor that I was looking at, YM2210D. After lots of looking, reading, and so forth I had kind of settled on that one, but now I have been looking at the Iseki models also.

Just trying to get a comparison of a similar model.

Thanks,

/ YanMar vs Iseki #4  
A comparable Iseki model in age and horsepower would be a TS2202F. Both 2 cylinder diesels.

Buck

/ YanMar vs Iseki #5  
Simple issue to us....I have yet to see a parts catalog or any consistent parts source for Iseki from which most parts can be obtained. All machines eventually need parts. We have a catalog of aftermarket parts for the Yanmar models we sell that is 158 pages, and several thousand parts, most available for immediate shipping.

Thirteen years ago we sold most of the grey market Japanese brands. Once we realized the situation with parts availability, we stopped selling everything except Yanmar. Some dealers have a decent parts flow with their suppliers for certain non-Yanmar models, but what happens if that dealer closes shop? Most of us are not going to spend time hunting and pecking for obscure parts....it simply doesn't pay in most cases. The parts catalog we use for Yanmar aftermarket parts is used by most dealers of the grey Yanmars in this country, so availability extends beyond the individual dealer.

/ YanMar vs Iseki #6  
I have two tractors, an Iseki TU205F and a Yanmar YM240D. Both tractors are excellent units. In all honesty, the Iseki appears to be a bit more sophisticated (with more features) but it is also newer. While I really like the Iseki, it is absolutely brutal when it comes to finding parts. For example, the cost for a clutch plate is about 3 times the cost of my Yanmar and everything is 4 to 6 weeks away. I have to agree with LMTC, if I was to do it all over again, I would have two Yanmars. This is not a slight on Iseki tractors, because they are well built machines - but securing parts is a problem.

Tom

/ YanMar vs Iseki #7  
Yanmar has the best parts availability overall. There are some models of Iseki that have better parts availibilty than some Yanmar models. And both brands have parts that are no longer available. It boils down to buying a GOOD quality tractor from a knowledgeable dealer that can support the tractor & taking care of it.. As to the price & delivery time for Iseki parts, there is a lot of difference between parts suppliers on this. I had a parts inquiry yesterday in which two suppliers quoted a price of $200-300 & 4-6 week delivery, while another supplier quoted $140 & 10 day delivery. Most of my parts from Japan arrive in 10-15 days if they are in stock in Japan..

/ YanMar vs Iseki
Thanks for the informatin so far. It seems to be the same theme from everyone...........great tractors, but the parts availability is a major issue.

I will keep working on getting my YanMar then.

/ YanMar vs Iseki #9  
Hello;
I am looking between a YM 135d and the Kubota BX23. Any thoughts on which is better...
Thanks,
Skip

/ YanMar vs Iseki #10  
1980 vs 2010 (?). Capabilities are similar. I think the Yanmar has more ground clearance and takes ordinary implements (in small size) while the BX is mostly its own little world of implements. But there are a lot more BX's in the US so its implements will be easier to find.

The significance of the old Yanmars is quality so good they are the equal of a late model tractor at far lesser price. Either should have similar life expectancy purchased used.

If the prices are similar take the Kubota for its more modern specs and local dealer support, contrasted to mailorder DIY support and the possibility of downtime waiting on parts for the Yanmar. This difference is significant if you earn your living with it.