3 pt lift capacity

/ 3 pt lift capacity #1  

kfin

Silver Member
Tractor
YM2310D
Can someone tell me the 3 point lift capacity of a 2210D?

I am curious on whether it will lift a 750 lb tiller and / or rotary cutter.

Thanks

/ 3 pt lift capacity #2  
kfin said:

Thanks

Can't speak directly to the 2210, but the operations manual that came with my 2220D shows a lift capacity of 1168 lbs at the lower link hitch point and 816 lbs 24" aft of the hitch. I assume the capacity for the 2210 would be similiar. Actually, the listings in my manual are YM226D which I assume is the US equivalent model. A couple of assumptions there that you might be cautious about.

The lift capacity would definitely depend on how far aft of the lift the center of gravity of the implement was located. The further aft, the lower the capacity. Those two values above would allow you to calculate the lift capacity for any c.g. location:

Lift Capacity in Pounds = 1168 - 14.7*D

where D is the distance in inches aft of the lower lift hitch point.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some idea about the magnitude of the lift capacity for your tractor.

/ 3 pt lift capacity #3  
kfin said:

Thanks

How high do you need to lift it?

You will be near rated lift capacity and some of the lift will be lost in making the tires squat down. Those implements sound a little oversize for that tractor.

You are sure to need maximum ballast on the front if you don't already have a loader.

/ 3 pt lift capacity #4  
kfin said:

Thanks

I have a YM2310D, I use a 6' bush hog and a 6' Shibura tiller. I have no problems lifting either.

/ 3 pt lift capacity #5  
royeakins,

How does your 2310 run that 6' bush hog? If I had to guess, I'd have to say that it would put a pretty heavy strain on it.

Just curious,
Travis R

/ 3 pt lift capacity #6  
California said:
...some of the lift will be lost in making the tires squat down. ...

You're talking about lift distance? I don't see where tire deflection would affect the weight (actually, moment) the 3pt could handle. But, I could be missing something. Wouldn't be the first time.

And, I agree that he's getting pretty close to the max. The tiller, being close coupled, shouldn't be much of a problem, but the c.g. of the cutter is going to be at least 2 1/2 to 3 feet aft of the hitch point - and that could, depending on the weight of the cutter, be a problem.

/ 3 pt lift capacity #7  
Tom_Veatch said:
You're talking about lift distance? I don't see where tire deflection would affect the weight (actually, moment) the 3pt could handle.
Not the weight, but tire deflection reduces ground clearance under the lifted implement. This 6 ft disc shown here is supposed to weigh 685 lbs and I first ballasted it up to about 800, where I could just lift it. But I discovered I couldn't turn sharply, which is essential in this old orchard that has some trees growing away from their theoretical grid location. After gouging a couple of trees, I reduced the ballast back to where I had better control over the steering. Even with one brake locked, the dragging disc, even fully lifted, acted like a rudder and I literally plowed straight ahead. I think the inch or so deflection I saw at the tires multiplied to several inches at the disc axles, enough that the disc pans controlled the steering even with the front tires still on the ground. If he doesn't approach the limit of lift capacity, he would never have this problem.

/ 3 pt lift capacity #8  
Travis_R said:
royeakins,

How does your 2310 run that 6' bush hog? If I had to guess, I'd have to say that it would put a pretty heavy strain on it.

Just curious,
Travis R

I do alot of bushhogging with it. Under normal cutting conditions it does great. If I am into something really heavy or into some sappling I will have to slow down. If I am mowing off a sage grass field I am mowing in 3rd range and in 3rd gear.

/ 3 pt lift capacity #9  
According to my shop manual the lift capacity is 816# @ the 24" setting.