New Owner of YM2002D

/ New Owner of YM2002D #11  
I have 5' cutter on my YM2020. Power wise it does not struggle even cutting sapplings that I have to ride down with the FEL.

As far as front end weight, in his origional post he stated he had a FEL. He will have no problem with the front end being too light with the weight of the FEL in front.

/ New Owner of YM2002D
I guess I'm finished with this thread for now. I want to thank all of you for your helpful insight and advice. I realize that any decision is ultimately mine, but I have more confidence in my decisions after receiving input from others who might have dealt with the same issues in the past. I am reminded of the words of a wise man who one said, "Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established." Proverbs 15:22

Thanks again and see you on another thread,

Beetle

/ New Owner of YM2002D #13  
I own a YM2002D with a 5' FMC cutter. It does fine on lower grass or stuff that's not to thick. It works fine for me because I take my time on thick or tall stuff. For me it works great because most of my mowing is trails thru the woods and grass is not that thick. I can cover more ground with the 5'. The truth is tho that the tractor would match a 4' rotary cutter much better. I also have a 5' finish mower I use around my house (appx 2 acres) and the 2002 is matched well with it if grass is mowed as you would around your house. Meaning don't let it get 10" high. I actually run the finish mower in 2nd range on the pto. The higher speed cuts the grass clean and I'm able to run at a lower rpm and still not overload the engine. I run at from 1400 to 1800rpm max. The weight of the FMC cutter is not a problem when my loader is attached but it does make the frontend light when loader is removed. This is probably more info than you were looking for. Winston

Last edited:
   / New Owner of YM2002D #14  
I've got a ym2002 but in 2wd. Not experience with a rotary cutter, but I run a 72" King Kutter Finish Mower off the back and have no problems mowing 6 acres. Occasionally, I will put the PTO in the 768RPM setting and trottle down to about 1500rpm (I put a pto tack on it to make sure that I have 540 at that speed). Bogs down in the thick stuff then. Have a Bush Hog Loader, and Just installed a Block heater. (If you live in cold weather, you'll love it. go to John Deere dealer and tell them you have a JD750 compact, it's the same engine).

/ New Owner of YM2002D #15  
I guess I'm finished with this thread for now. I want to thank all of you for your helpful insight and advice. I realize that any decision is ultimately mine, but I have more confidence in my decisions after receiving input from others who might have dealt with the same issues in the past. I am reminded of the words of a wise man who one said, "Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established." Proverbs 15:22

Thanks again and see you on another thread,

Beetle

this is interesting, although is a 2 1/2 year old topic ... just so's ya know :D