Going bigger

/ Going bigger #1  

oleblu72

Tractor
1979 1600 ford
Hello all , i'am seeking information on a YM3110D, is this a good model and are there part's available for it ?I'am trying to find a dealer in Ohio around where I live but i'am not having much luck.The reason I ask about part's is because the tractor i'am looking at is in an auction and discription read's sheet metal damage and bent rim's .I don't know if something was dropped on it or maybe it was rolled, from the picture I can see that the right rear fender is badly dented. Would any of these item's be hard to get because their not made anymore? Mark

Last edited:
   / Going bigger #2  
Gizmo36 has a 3110 and is posting in the current thread about the 2610D. He can certainly answer your questions. It is a model that is sold and therefore will have parts available. Yanmar are good tractors.
LMTC is a very good dealer near Blanchester, Ohio. Little Miami Trading Company - Compact Tractors

Mike

/ Going bigger #3  
What info would you like ?? Mine has been a good tractor. I have had no problem with parts. Only needed a couple of seals & a fuel gauge though

/ Going bigger #4  
Not sure about the parts you need.
I have a 3110 and ordered a parts catalog from HoyeTractor.
I have been able to cross over the filters I needed and got them at NAPA.
The tractor is a 35hp with 31hp at the PTO.

It works good.

Good Luke
Hazmatguy

/ Going bigger #5  
I got my filters from Danny Parker , Have not need any parts yet . But I think you can get about what you want for them.3110 is a nice tractor.Kenmac is why I got my 3110. I just like the looks of the one he has.

/ Going bigger
Thank you all for the information . I'am just trying to get an idea on how much I might have into it if I bought it. The auctioneer answered some of my question's but not all of them. He said it has 900 hrs' on it and it was ""rolled off a trailer"" is how it was damaged didn't say how many wheel's were bent and what sheet metal was damaged, but it does run .He said it is a grey market tractor i've heard the term but no idea what it mean's other than it's imported . As far as wheel's go would I have to buy rim's specific to this model ? Any idea what this tractor might be worth? Thank's. Mark

/ Going bigger #7  
oleblu72 said:
...He said it is a grey market tractor i've heard the term but no idea what it mean's other than it's imported . ...

Grey Market AKA Parallel Import

From the USA prospective, Grey Market Yanmar Tractors are usually tractors produced by Yanmar to Japanese specifications for use within Japan, purchased as used machines in Japan by third parties, and imported into the USA for resale, outside of and independent of any authorized Yanmar distribution channels.

Yanmar's position on grey market tractors is stated here.

/ Going bigger #8  
As far as wheel's go would I have to buy rim's specific to this model ? Any idea what this tractor might be worth? Thank's. Mark[/quote]

I would say yes on the rims .Unless, you know someone that could make a set the same size. Since it is a d mod. ,all wheels front rear have to roll in sequence.
. With out more info . on the tractor mechanical cond. etc, etc, it would be hard for me to put a value on the tractor. Is it power steering ?

/ Going bigger
Thank's Tom & Ken , that's all the info I have on the tractor right now hope to gather alittle more before the auction July 20th. Ken is your hour meter a 3 or 4 digit readout ? I was reading that some are 3 and some have a 4 digit readout. I'am hoping if I buy the tractor maybe I can straighten the rim's providing there not to bad, and I hope the rear diff housing isn't bent , thank's again. Mark