Close Call

/ Close Call #1  

gcp

Silver Member
This morning I almost went down a 75 ft ravine. My drive is sloped on either side and while going up the hill, in the rain and close to the drop-of so I don't chew up the drive, I looked back momentarily and it leaned to the right side. I stopped the tractor immediately, jumped off and eventually pulled it out of its predicament, but I'd say I was 2 ft away from disaster. Gentlemen, complacency kills! I only posted this to remind us all to be careful out there. In the mean time I am having a stiff drink, 11:30 am :eek:

/ Close Call #2  
Thanks for the reminder. Bit of a pucker experience!!:eek:

Mike

/ Close Call #3  
Get a ROPS, the next time you might not be so lucky.

/ Close Call #4  
that will cause a dimple in your seat........glad to hear it didn't turn out worse, and we aren't reading about this via a link to a news website.....

/ Close Call
Thank you for the well wishes!!

Tractors4u, in my particular case a ROPS would not have helped one bit, it's one heck of a drop on rock and a creek. Non-the-less a ROPS is a great idea!

I'll take a pic and post it later....

/ Close Call #6  
Wow! I'm glad you are safe, gcp. Never enough to hear stories like this and make everyone a little more careful. I think it goes without saying, it only takes a split second for something to happen.................

/ Close Call #7  
You better be real careful, or you'll end up with an avatar like mine :D

But seriously, yes you have spured me to look at getting a ROPS... With all the controls on the tractor, I have trouble getting off it without catching myself on something. It wouldn't be good trying to do it quickly if your life was dependant on it.