Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #1  

Metropolis_488

Hi All,
Looking to purchase my first tractor and strongly considering a gray-market yanmar (around 30 hp) from the local gray-market dealer (EFC).

I will be using this for a vineyard. I plan on planting about 5 acres in the spring and slowly (over years) planting about 25 acres (I have 35 acres, 25 to 30 or which are farm-able).

Jobs I will need to do include mowing, tilling, post-hole-digging, and spraying...and maybe some disc work.

This is my first tractor, but I from what I can gather, 30 hp should be enough for me.

Anyone have experience with gray-market tractors, suggestions for models, anything at all to aid me in this investment?

Thanks,
Matt

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #2  
Just tell buck what you indend to use the tractor for & he can advise you on the correct size ,mod. & hp. tractor to purchase

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #3  
You already found one of the top-tier gray dealers in the US. (EFC).

I would rely on what he advises. You will see individual posters here with varying levels of experience but these dealers, the good ones, have far more experience than those of us who have owned one or two tractors.

Relevant here - the definition of an expert: someone familiar with all the arguments pro and con on all the issues in his field. And he knows from experience which of those answers are correct and which are wrong. Buck (EFC) is an expert.

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #4  
Matt,

What those guys said ^.

You are one of the fortunate few that found a good tractor and dealer at the same time. If you're close to EFC....stop looking.

Mark

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #5  
My wife said that my Yanmars are my play pretty. and I do like my yanmars .I am think about getting another one. if you are going to put it all in vineyard you maybe ok .I don't know anything about vineyard. but if you are going to farm grain .you will need a lot more then 30 hp .now we use to farm with less but that is all any one had.but it takes a long time to plow 30 acres to get it ready to plant.with a 30 hp cut . I would not want to do it . And I have farm for over 50 years.

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #6  
Tell Buck what you want/need to do and take his advice. It will be as good or better than any you will get here or elsewhere. I like to think that we are one of the top tier dealers as well, and I know I would vouch for Buck on character alone.

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #7  
LMTC said:
..... I like to think that we are one of the top tier dealers as well,.....

You Are.

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #8  
Matt,
Buck will do right by you. Just take his advice on what would best suit your needs. I wish he would re-locate to Texas.

Gizmo, did I hear you say you were thinkng of getting another one ? How many do you have already ?

Bruce

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #9  
Matt,

You cant go wrong buying at EFC. Try to buy a yanmar if you can, parts are the easiest to locate should you have a problem down the road.

If you buy a mower be sure to get an O/R clutch for it.

Your in good hands buying from Buck :D

Ernie

/ Strongly considering a gray-market Yanmar #10  
BruceR I only have 3 Yanmars 7 Tractors . I have email Stan two time about that FX435D . But he has not send me any picture's yet.