Installing Hypro PTO roller pump to YM165D?

/ Installing Hypro PTO roller pump to YM165D? #1  

gt14

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM146 YM165D
Anyone have any ideas on how to install a Hypro Roller pump to a YM165D? I have a PTO coupler and would like to know the standard way of hooking these up before I make something up on my own.

/ Installing Hypro PTO roller pump to YM165D? #2  
You put the PTO adapter on the pump, then bolt on a torque bar and chain to fasten the chain to the swinging drawbar or one of the lower links to keep the whole pump from turning. You can make your own torque bar and chain or buy one such as the one listed at the bottom of this page.

If you didn't already know it, be sure you have the pump that turns in the proper direction; they come assembled to turn one way or the other, so you usually just buy the one that turns the direction you want, although if you have one that turns the wrong way, it's simple to take it apart and turn it around.

/ Installing Hypro PTO roller pump to YM165D? #3  
My backhoe manual specifies only a chain from the pump up to the 3-point's upper link. It's a little heavier chain than the one shown in Bird's link - its the same size as the sidewall portion of tire chains.

I left a little slack because the distance changes when I lift this 3 point backhoe for transport.

It does look like the professional way to do this is a chain plus a torque bar that reaches down to the drawbar.