2610D Turbocharging

/ 2610D Turbocharging #1  

rock2610D

Silver Member
Tractor
2610D
Due to my elevation (8000 ft) I am turbocharging my YM 2610D. Already have a turbo on it but it is too big. Finally found a MHI TD025M out of a 90 CID kubota.

I will be installing it this weekend. I will document my progress as I go. So here is a photo of my tiny little turbocharger.

Attachments

• TD025M.JPG
    TD025M.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 878
   / 2610D Turbocharging #2  
rock2610D said:
...So here is a photo of my tiny little turbocharger.

By George, that little sucker (blower?) is a cute as a little puppy!:D

Best of luck! Here's hoping it works well for you.

/ 2610D Turbocharging #3  
That should be nicely sized for the engine and should provide nice boost preasure. Bigger isn't alway's better.

/ 2610D Turbocharging #4  
Rock,

Look forward to seeing your progress on this. Pretty little thing. Keep us posted with pics!!

Mike

/ 2610D Turbocharging #5  
That is cute. I bet that is it is just about the perfect size for your engine. Looking forward to seeing the install and outcome. I have had the same engine, both without and with a turbo. The difference is truly amazing. I am sure that you will really enjoy the difference.

/ 2610D Turbocharging
Well I have it mounted on the tractor. Still need to fab up the exhaust to muffler, cold side intake and exhaust, and oil fed and return.

Had to order a 10mm banjo fitting for oil feed. Should be here next week.

The oil return is going to be a Bi#####ch. Any advise would help.

Old turbo was mounted on top of engine and drained to oil fill tube. Not sure where to send return oil to, now. Considered taping into the drain plug but it is o-ringed and I do not like the idea of returning oil that way. It could create a vacuum in return line and hurt seals in turbo. Any recommendations???

Attachments

• Mounted1.JPG
    Mounted1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 484
  • Mounted3.JPG
    Mounted3.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 429
  • Mounted2.JPG
    Mounted2.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 412
   / 2610D Turbocharging #7  
Rock,

On my 1510 the exhaust and the oil dipstick are on the same side. The dipstick is a separate plate that is bolted on. I thought that the oil return could be fabbed there with a new plate and dipstick tube. That was my idea anyway. Your tractor is so much larger than mine.

Mike

/ 2610D Turbocharging
I wish my dipstick was on the exhaust side too. It is not, thinking about making a duplicate access port, the one the crankcase vent is on, and putting another hole in the duplicate for oil return. It is pretty high but it would be a short run and may work.

I cannot believe there is no other way to access the oil system, darn it!!!

/ 2610D Turbocharging
Day 2: Got cold side exhaust and intake hooked up, Hot side exhaust is 80% complete.

Still scratching my head on the oil return stuff.

Could someone tell me the size of the oil drain bolt? Yanmar 3T80 motor in a YM 2610D.

I am thinking of using a large bango bolt and fitting screwed into the oil drain hole. I will have to vent the line similar to the crankcase vent on the side of the tractor but there would be no vacuum issues then.

Attachments

• Hookup1.JPG
    Hookup1.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Hookup2.JPG
    Hookup2.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Hookup3.JPG
    Hookup3.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 331
   / 2610D Turbocharging #10  
rock2610D said:
Still scratching my head on the oil return stuff.
1) Would the double-banjo fitting on top of the injectors be the right size? One of those would give you an outlet to plumb the atmospheric vent to. But I don't understand why you need a vent. If after shutoff it sucks crankcase oil back into the line, so what?

2) I wouldn't put anything that easily broken under the belly of the tractor. I scared myself once when I ripped out the oil pressure electric signal cable while driving over brush. Not an oil failure, just a signal failure. And long ago I ripped a lot of the wiring out of a Willys Wagon doing something similar. ( I discovered several generations of amateur rewiring had been run external along its belly - the original wiring probably wouldn't have snagged).

In your case a snag would drop all the crankcase oil on the ground. I wouldn't risk it.

What about tapping a return fitting into the valve cover? That oil is under pressure, it can run uphill.