WTH do you have to remove to get the head off my YM1702D?

/ WTH do you have to remove to get the head off my YM1702D? #1  

WillaminaOR

So I over heated my tractor and it's not running right any more, I went over this a bit in a previous post. Now I am trying to remove the head to see what I broke and have everything removed I can see to remove and it's not coming off. The only other things I could remove are the two large head studs which I figured I could leave in and there are two small allen head things right in the middle which I figure are core plugs or something and probably aught to stay. The only thing I can think of is the head studs are corroded into the head so the head won't slip off over them, is this a common issue? Is there something I am missing? It's loosened enough to break the coolant seal as there is now coolant coming down the sides of the block. I hope I don't have to remove those studs as I think the only way I'm going to get them out is with a pipe wrench.

LMK, TIA,
Bryan

/ WTH do you have to remove to get the head off my YM1702D? #2  
1) Is there one more head bolt hiding in the intake manifold?

2) You might try cranking it, to let the compression pop it loose. But be sure all the loose parts are already off - pushrods, etc.

Do you have a manual showing the head torqueing sequence? Or even a parts manual? Compare the bolts in the picture to what you see. I'll bet there's an overlooked one somewhere.

/ WTH do you have to remove to get the head off my YM1702D? #3  
If it is the same as the YM1700. there is one head nut that is recessed on the port side. You will need an extension to get it off. See the attached photo. If that is not the problem I had to take a large screw driver and carefully break the seal. After that it came right off

Attachments

• SUNP0172.JPG
    SUNP0172.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 170
   / WTH do you have to remove to get the head off my YM1702D?
Sorry, no manual to check diagrams in. I was going to get one ordered up with the parts I'll need. Gotta get the darn thing apart to see what's wrong. I took off the intake and looked but didn't see anything there either.

YM1702D is a three cylinder so it looks really different from the 1700. I wish it was close as I could find a diagram online for the 1700.

I shot some PB Blaster on those studs last night before I called it quits and came in here and posted. Maybe I'll have better luck today, I'll try cranking it and see if that bumps it loose.

Thanks,
Bryan