Pressure line for FEL

/ Pressure line for FEL #1  

choffman41

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2301
I'm thinking of putting quick connectors on the lines to make dropping my FEL easier. I see there are 3 lines, 1 return and 2 spliced into the pump line. When the FEL is off, do I need to connect the 2 lines off the pump line together to keep things working in back? Seems logical but just making sure.

/ Pressure line for FEL #2  
Yes, BUT---things working in back will be the least of your worries if you run the tractor for even 5 seconds with the pressure line not connected for circulation. The pump will deadhead and break the key in it in literally 3-5 seconds. Long job to get in and out of there. One of the reasons we don't like quick connectors...we've seen them get caught on brush (twice) and come apart, breaking the key before the operator can shut down. If you use them, find some way to block the spring connector from being accidentally pulled back, so it cannot get caught and the lines pulled apart....if the part that retracts is pulled back by brush and there is pressure in the line, the lines will separate from the pressure. The short of it is we use QCs only by special request, and after explaining the above to the customer.