How I bleed my fuel system.

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #1  

rock2610D

Silver Member
Tractor
2610D
I just had to post this. My new John Deere Manual is a GREAT!!!

To bleed fuel injection system on a 3 cylinder Yanmar motor.

1) Open fuel at filter
2) Open the 2 bleed screws on filter housing until no air bubbles
3) Close bleed screws on filter housing
4) Loosen injection pump valves on #1 and #3 cylinders. That is the valve holders on the pump itself. Its the gadget that the injector line attaches to on the pump. Loosen them 1/4turn.
5) Remove all 3 injector lines from injectors, at the injector.
6) Gravity, from a FULL fuel tank, will make fuel fill injector lines.
7) Reattach injector/injector lines once you see fuel at injector. DO NOT ATTACH #2 injector line to injector.
8) Retorque valve holders #1 and #3 to specifications and start tractor. It will run poor because #2 injector is not hooked up.
9) Once you see fuel at #2 injector line hook it up. System should be bled.

This is somewhat different than the yanmar manual I have. Thought it might help someone!!!

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #2  
Not sure why all the additional steps are necessary on a JD?

The tried and true method has always been loosen #1 and #2 cap screws at the fuel valve assembly, and #3, loosen the fitting at the banjo fitting on the fuel pump.

For me, and regardless of models, it works every single time.

/ How I bleed my fuel system.
Not sure either, I suppose it could be that the bleed screw on the pump only bleeds air from pump and not the injector lines.

In my case I have brand new injector lines and a freshly rebuilt pump. In order to get fuel into new lines some sort of siphon action needs to happen.

Not to say what you do would not work either, I have actually used the method you propose when I accidentally ran tractor out of fuel while on a slight slope.

My JD manual does not even mention the bleed screw on top of the feed line to be opened!! That is why I posted this info. Some things are a little different and can still work.

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #4  
rock2610D said:
I just had to post this. My new John Deere Manual is a GREAT!!!

To bleed fuel injection system on a 3 cylinder Yanmar motor.

1) Open fuel at filter
2) Open the 2 bleed screws on filter housing until no air bubbles
3) Close bleed screws on filter housing
4) Loosen injection pump valves on #1 and #3 cylinders. That is the valve holders on the pump itself. Its the gadget that the injector line attaches to on the pump. Loosen them 1/4turn.
5) Remove all 3 injector lines from injectors, at the injector.
6) Gravity, from a FULL fuel tank, will make fuel fill injector lines.
7) Reattach injector/injector lines once you see fuel at injector. DO NOT ATTACH #2 injector line to injector.
8) Retorque valve holders #1 and #3 to specifications and start tractor. It will run poor because #2 injector is not hooked up.
9) Once you see fuel at #2 injector line hook it up. System should be bled.

This is somewhat different than the yanmar manual I have. Thought it might help someone!!!

Not all Yanmars have bleed screws on the filter housing, some of them have a prime pump.

Danny

Danny

/ How I bleed my fuel system.
Yah! I should have been a little more specific. This proceedure was obtained from the JD 850,950 and 1050 Tech Manual.

More specifically the 3T80 (850's) and the motors in the 950's and 1050's.

At least in my situation everything I have ordered from JD for the 850 has fit my 2610D. IE fuel lines, decompression cable, and the little washer that goes under the bleed screw on the injection pump. The king pin covers which are only $115 each at JD.

Only engine differences I have found so far are the Thermostart bottle which is fed via injectors instead of manually filled and compression ratio is stated at 22.5 to 1. Plus the JD model has a thermostat!!!! The housing that bolts to the head and then to the water pump has a place for a thermostat and a valve of some sort. I might up grade in the future to get a thermostat due to my cold environment.

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #6  
how do i bleed a new holland 1720 ,3cylinder diesel ;i put a new fuel filtre on ran it for a little bit seemed to be ok went to start a few days later and it wont run

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #7  
I have no idea of the bleed procedure on a new holland. try posting in the new holland section

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #8  
how do i bleed a new holland 1720 ,3cylinder diesel ;i put a new fuel filtre on ran it for a little bit seemed to be ok went to start a few days later and it wont run

I have no idea of the bleed procedure on a new holland. try posting in the new holland section

I agree on posting your question in the ford/NH forum. This is an extremely random place to be posting this? A zombie thread, a first post and asking about a totally different brand thean the forum you posted in is not a very good start. But seriously start your own post in the NH section of the forum and you will get a result I bet in 15 mins.

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #9  
I agree on posting your question in the ford/NH forum. This is an extremely random place to be posting this? A zombie thread, a first post and asking about a totally different brand thean the forum you posted in is not a very good start. But seriously start your own post in the NH section of the forum and you will get a result I bet in 15 mins.
Give him a break, it's his first post. Welcome aboard Jack.:)

/ How I bleed my fuel system. #10  
maybe I should of put a :) there, it was not meant how it sounds. But it will get a better response in the correct section. I can tell how to bleed a ym but not a NH prolly same as most those guys.