Silver Member
    Tractor
    2610D

Default How I bleed my fuel system.

I just had to post this. My new John Deere Manual is a GREAT!!!

To bleed fuel injection system on a 3 cylinder Yanmar motor.

1) Open fuel at filter
    2) Open the 2 bleed screws on filter housing until no air bubbles
    3) Close bleed screws on filter housing
    4) Loosen injection pump valves on #1 and #3 cylinders. That is the valve holders on the pump itself. Its the gadget that the injector line attaches to on the pump. Loosen them 1/4turn.
    5) Remove all 3 injector lines from injectors, at the injector.
    6) Gravity, from a FULL fuel tank, will make fuel fill injector lines.
    7) Reattach injector/injector lines once you see fuel at injector. DO NOT ATTACH #2 injector line to injector.
    8) Retorque valve holders #1 and #3 to specifications and start tractor. It will run poor because #2 injector is not hooked up.
    9) Once you see fuel at #2 injector line hook it up. System should be bled.

This is somewhat different than the yanmar manual I have. Thought it might help someone!!!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020

Default Re: How I bleed my fuel system.

Not sure why all the additional steps are necessary on a JD?

The tried and true method has always been loosen #1 and #2 cap screws at the fuel valve assembly, and #3, loosen the fitting at the banjo fitting on the fuel pump.

For me, and regardless of models, it works every single time.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2610D

Not sure either, I suppose it could be that the bleed screw on the pump only bleeds air from pump and not the injector lines.

In my case I have brand new injector lines and a freshly rebuilt pump. In order to get fuel into new lines some sort of siphon action needs to happen.

Not to say what you do would not work either, I have actually used the method you propose when I accidentally ran tractor out of fuel while on a slight slope.

My JD manual does not even mention the bleed screw on top of the feed line to be opened!! That is why I posted this info. Some things are a little different and can still work.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rock2610D
    I just had to post this. My new John Deere Manual is a GREAT!!!

To bleed fuel injection system on a 3 cylinder Yanmar motor.

1) Open fuel at filter
    2) Open the 2 bleed screws on filter housing until no air bubbles
    3) Close bleed screws on filter housing
    4) Loosen injection pump valves on #1 and #3 cylinders. That is the valve holders on the pump itself. Its the gadget that the injector line attaches to on the pump. Loosen them 1/4turn.
    5) Remove all 3 injector lines from injectors, at the injector.
    6) Gravity, from a FULL fuel tank, will make fuel fill injector lines.
    7) Reattach injector/injector lines once you see fuel at injector. DO NOT ATTACH #2 injector line to injector.
    8) Retorque valve holders #1 and #3 to specifications and start tractor. It will run poor because #2 injector is not hooked up.
    9) Once you see fuel at #2 injector line hook it up. System should be bled.

This is somewhat different than the yanmar manual I have. Thought it might help someone!!!
    Not all Yanmars have bleed screws on the filter housing, some of them have a prime pump.

Danny

Danny

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2610D

Yah! I should have been a little more specific. This proceedure was obtained from the JD 850,950 and 1050 Tech Manual.

More specifically the 3T80 (850's) and the motors in the 950's and 1050's.

At least in my situation everything I have ordered from JD for the 850 has fit my 2610D. IE fuel lines, decompression cable, and the little washer that goes under the bleed screw on the injection pump. The king pin covers which are only $115 each at JD.

Only engine differences I have found so far are the Thermostart bottle which is fed via injectors instead of manually filled and compression ratio is stated at 22.5 to 1. Plus the JD model has a thermostat!!!! The housing that bolts to the head and then to the water pump has a place for a thermostat and a valve of some sort. I might up grade in the future to get a thermostat due to my cold environment.

Tractor
    new holland 1720

how do i bleed a new holland 1720 ,3cylinder diesel ;i put a new fuel filtre on ran it for a little bit seemed to be ok went to start a few days later and it wont run

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

I have no idea of the bleed procedure on a new holland. try posting in the new holland section
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by jack c View Post
    how do i bleed a new holland 1720 ,3cylinder diesel ;i put a new fuel filtre on ran it for a little bit seemed to be ok went to start a few days later and it wont run
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
    I have no idea of the bleed procedure on a new holland. try posting in the new holland section

I agree on posting your question in the ford/NH forum. This is an extremely random place to be posting this? A zombie thread, a first post and asking about a totally different brand thean the forum you posted in is not a very good start. But seriously start your own post in the NH section of the forum and you will get a result I bet in 15 mins.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1423 Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    I agree on posting your question in the ford/NH forum. This is an extremely random place to be posting this? A zombie thread, a first post and asking about a totally different brand thean the forum you posted in is not a very good start. But seriously start your own post in the NH section of the forum and you will get a result I bet in 15 mins.
    Give him a break, it's his first post. Welcome aboard Jack.
    Massey 1423, 1462 loader, wallenstein Ranch ho gx620, with subframe mount.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

maybe I should of put a there, it was not meant how it sounds. But it will get a better response in the correct section. I can tell how to bleed a ym but not a NH prolly same as most those guys.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.