Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts?

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #1  

rgood

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2210D
Guys, I went to use my tractor 2610D for the 2nd time ever and it wouldn't move forward or back - I checked the hyd fluid and it wasn't on the stick- (might have a leak somewhere) Went to Autozone (don't have any tractor places nearby) and bought some. I put in about a quart and it looked good - Fired it up and tried it, NO Go - Tried to move the bucket and the bucket moved - Shut it off for a bit - Then fired up and tried again - NO GO - So, this time I let the clutch out real fast and it moved - Now, I don't know if the problem was the fluid, or if the clutch was somehow stuck.

Any thoughts? Thanks

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #2  
It was low fluid. It took a time to build up pressure, and also by letting out the clutch HARD you gave it a good boost of pressure.
When fluid gets that low it takes time to build up pressure throughout the system.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #3  
rgood said:
Guys, I went to use my tractor 2610D for the 2nd time ever and it wouldn't move forward or back - I checked the hyd fluid and it wasn't on the stick- (might have a leak somewhere) Went to Autozone (don't have any tractor places nearby) and bought some. I put in about a quart and it looked good - Fired it up and tried it, NO Go - Tried to move the bucket and the bucket moved - Shut it off for a bit - Then fired up and tried again - NO GO - So, this time I let the clutch out real fast and it moved - Now, I don't know if the problem was the fluid, or if the clutch was somehow stuck.

Any thoughts? Thanks

If it was only a quart low I don't think it was because the fluid was low, more likely one of the brakes was locked up. I thought you bought a YM2210D.

Danny

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts?
Danny, you are right - 2210D

I don't think it was the brakes - I would have been able to kind of "feel" that -And the RPMs would have dropped/bogged the engine more.

Hydraulic Fluid Question I bought some at AutoZone - The tractor manual said ensure you get Transmission/Hydraulic fluid.

We are not fortunate enough to have a Rural king or a TSC store - The kind I bought was the only one that said the following - Hyd. Trans. - There were no Spec #'s in the manual and no Spec #'s on the fluid - It was $31 in a 5 Gallon bucket - And the brand was Coastal - Any thoughts on that?

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #5  
Rgood,

Sounds as if your hydraulic reservoir screen/filter is scavenging debris and clogging. This could cause the problems your are experiencing.

Mark

Thanks Mark - I'll see if I can find them and verify - I think previous posts talk about this issue. I need to find them anyway.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #7  
The hyd. fluid you should use will have the same specs as JD303. It should state this on the container

Thanks Kenmac - I did see JD303 on the container - It helps me to know I got the right one.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #9  
Seem like a lot of tractors are coming from that dealer with bad hydraulic. ether they are stop up or want stay up.I think I would be calling that dealer to have him fix it . didn't you just get it, you should not have to be work on the hydraulic on a tractor you just got.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #10  
rgood said:
Thanks Mark - I'll see if I can find them and verify - I think previous posts talk about this issue. I need to find them anyway.

The screen is located on the left side of the tyransmission just below the brake housing. The round cover is held on by 2 small bolts. You will have to drain the oil first.

Danny