Security & Theft tractor security

/ tractor security #1  

oldhippy

Silver Member
Tractor
junk
In the past we have discussed tractor security. I made a simple tool to keep honest people honest. It is a pipe with a piece of tubing welded on one end and a flat welded into the other end. This is placed between the rear tires to keep some one from rolling the tractor off. When I made it I was not at the tractor so ended up making it to long. I put a master puck lock on the end that can't be hammered off. The pipe is welded through both sides of the tubing to also stop it from being hammered off. Of course a cutting torch would make short work of it. You can't stop the crooks but at least you can make them work a little. A chain could be run around it and fastened to something else if one wanted to. big dan

Attachments

• reddy 032.jpg
    reddy 032.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 398
  • reddy 033.jpg
    reddy 033.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 312
  • reddy 034.jpg
    reddy 034.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 305
  • reddy 035.jpg
    reddy 035.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 299
  • reddy 036.jpg
    reddy 036.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 349
   / tractor security #2  
Hey that's a neat idea - You could probably sell them on Ebay!

/ tractor security #3  
Any chance you could crop those pictures into a much smaller size??? Would be a great help to us poor dial up users.........

/ tractor security
trouble posting

/ tractor security
I will try to post small pictures in future will have to get some one to show me how. I will no be selling on ebay as to liability issues. It must be removed before operating tractor. big dan

/ tractor security #7  
This is how to resize your photos:

I use a program called Irfanview. You can find it at:

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

It is a free/donation optional download. To reduce the size of your photos in this program (and many others) do the following:

1. Go to Image (sometimes tools)\Resize Resample\ and select either 800 X 600 or 640 X 480.

2. I like to save as tractor reduced.jpg (example wording) (thus I know this is the reduced version).

The 640 X 480 may be too small to give your visual but will be lower in size. You will need to test. Usually 800 X 600 is a good photo resolution.

Sincerely,

Ikymojoe

/ tractor security #8  
You can also Google MS Power Toys Image resizer

It installs as a menu item when you right-click on a picture or block of pictures.

/ tractor security
When I get to the house I will give the resizer a try. Thanks big dan

/ tractor security #10  
oldhippy said:
A chain could be run around it and fastened to something else if one wanted to. big dan

That's what I currently do. I run a chain around the roll bar and then through the rim of the rear tire and attach the lock to both ends inside the grab handle on the top of the rear fender. I also attach a red velcro strap to the steering wheel to remind me that the chain and lock is still installed around the wheel.