A FEL for my Yanmar

/ A FEL for my Yanmar #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
I've been toying with the idea of starting to look for a FEL for my YM1401D.

Would a little loader be a good purchase for my tractor?

About how much would one cost, is it something that I could get shipped to my place and install myself, or would I have to get someone to install it for me?

I live in Chapel Hill, NC, so if anyone knows of something local... that would be ideal.

Thanks guys!

Dennis

/ A FEL for my Yanmar #2  
Can you install it? Only you can answer that. Are you fairly handy with tools? Willing to cut a hydraulic line and make the connections? Most of the rest is just a bolt-on application. It's not difficult, but it is helpful to have some familiarity with what you're doing....most likely worst case scenario is crossing a hose which can cause the pump to dead-head and break the key in it...parts are cheap (assuming the pump itself doesn't break, and it usually doesn't) but it's about 4 hours skilled labor.

IMO installing a loader on anything smaller than a 1500 or 1601/1610 is a poor use of money. A new Koyker 80 loader with the mounts and valve will run in the range of $2600 + delivery. You can buy a warrantied 1500D with such a loader for $6699. Your 1401D weighs around 300+ pounds less than a 1500 or 1610.....and that alone has a tremendous impact on the work it will do, particularly with a loader. If you are going to do small tasks with the loader, and can afford the price, you will find it useful. If you have larger tasks, or need the loader often, I would seriously suggest selling your 1401D and buying something heavier with a loader on it.

/ A FEL for my Yanmar #3  
We bought out a dealers excess loader inventory last month & have 2 new loaders left for the 1300/1300D. They say it will fit the YM1401D with "slight modification". I'm not sure what that involves. One guy said it amounted to drilling a new set of holes in the mounting plate but I have no experience myself. We are selling the complete kit (loader, bucket, brackets, valve, hose kit, etc) for $1,499. Shipping has been averaging around $250. Might be worth a look if you are thinking about adding a loader.

This loader purchase was a 1 time deal for us. We bought them cheap & are selling them cheap. We also have a couple of other models left.

Ansung Loaders

It will install very similar to this -

Koyker loader install on a Yanmar

Aaron
Parts@Hoyetractor.com
(940)592-0181

Last edited:
   / A FEL for my Yanmar #4  
Much as I still think a loader on anything smaller than a 1500/1610 is not an especially good use of money, you'll not come within $800-$1000 of that price with anything else. If you are determined to buy a loader for it, I'd grab the Ansung.

/ A FEL for my Yanmar #5  
HoyeTractor said:
.... They say it will fit the YM1401D with "slight modification". I'm not sure what that involves. One guy said it amounted to drilling a new set of holes in the mounting plate but I have no experience myself.

Aaron....

That's interesting. I have a 1300D and 1401D and they are identical from the transmission all the way back to the PTO. In fact both tractors are factory stamped (above the PTO) YM1300D.

Be my guess that the wheel base or overall length of 81" vs. 84" - is somewhat different in relation to the loader length.

/ A FEL for my Yanmar
That's a very tempting price... I guess its between a loader and a trailer for my tractor right now...

/ A FEL for my Yanmar #7  
Aaron,

I have been thinking of making a loader for my 1510D, but if I were any where close to you I would have one that you are offering.. What a deal!! I doubt you could get all the materials together to make one for that price!! Even discounting your time and effort.

Mike

/ A FEL for my Yanmar #8  
The YM1300 & YM1401 are basically the same tractor with different engines.The same brackets should work. They will also work on a YM1301.