Injector ????

/ Injector ???? #1  

okietractor

Tractor
Yanmar 1610 & Century C47L w/50 HL FEL
In the process of replacing the head gasket on my 1610. The injector ports have a cone with 4 holes in it. One of these is broken, the center of the cone is missing. What is this called? Can I replace just the cone or does it take a new injector. Tractor ran fine other than bad head gasket. The piston with the broken cone does have slightly more carbon on it but I assume that is because the fuel is dumping in one spot rether than being evenly distributed. Any info is appreciated.:confused:

/ Injector ???? #2  
I believe that you are describing a combustion chamber. They are sold separately from the injector. Check with one of the dealers that post here such as Hoye. They have them.

/ Injector ???? #3  
okietractor said:
In the process of replacing the head gasket on my 1610. The injector ports have a cone with 4 holes in it. One of these is broken, the center of the cone is missing. What is this called? Can I replace just the cone or does it take a new injector. Tractor ran fine other than bad head gasket. The piston with the broken cone does have slightly more carbon on it but I assume that is because the fuel is dumping in one spot rether than being evenly distributed. Any info is appreciated.:confused:

Front precombustion chamber. I should be able to get one for you. This is not an easy part to find.

Danny

/ Injector ???? #4  
Just wondering where the broken "piece" went?? Is it small enough to get out the valves?

/ Injector ????
There were some dings on top of the piston, the pieces evidently were expelled through the exhaust valve. No cylinder damage evident.

/ Injector ????
How much? Also hard to tell how it is installed. Is it pressed in,threaded??

/ Injector ???? #7  
On the 1700 you just tap it out. (carefully!). It is 2 pieces with a copper washer between the 2 parts. There is a key so that you can't put it in wrong too.

/ Injector ???? #8  
Bob,

See, now you are the expert!! You know all about the insides of this engine.:D

Mike

/ Injector ???? #9  
I have been up close and personal with my engine.Going to try to get some seat time this weekend too.