Yanmar 1602 without hour meter?

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #1  

jimgranite

I found an ad for a Yanmar 1602 2wd at a dealer about an hour away. I asked them how many hours it had and they said it didn't have an hour meter. They also thought it was a Chinese tractor. Their website had a picture and the tractor looks pretty good, very little rust, no dents, tires and seat look new. They are asking $1500. I will try to go see it on Fri. Is there anything specific I should look for when I go check it out?

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #2  
If it is Chinese it is not a Yanmar. See if you can find a manufacture tag or engine model.

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #3  
So what's their website address?

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #4  
jimgranite said:
I found an ad for a Yanmar 1602 2wd at a dealer about an hour away. I asked them how many hours it had and they said it didn't have an hour meter. They also thought it was a Chinese tractor. Their website had a picture and the tractor looks pretty good, very little rust, no dents, tires and seat look new. They are asking $1500. I will try to go see it on Fri. Is there anything specific I should look for when I go check it out?

Welcome Jim,

It should have an hour meter in the instrument cluster. I'm a little concerned about the dealer not knowing the difference between a Yanmar and a Chinese imported brand.

Can you paste pictures of the YM1602? It may help everyone here to give you some tips and what to look for? I would also be nice if you included a web site address, as maybe someone here has dealt with the company.

Mark

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #5  
just my 2 cents worth, but if it's a tractor dealer & he doesn't know what he's selling, don't walk away RUN!!!

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #7  
Well, It's a Yanmar allright.

The only reason I could think of for stating it doesn't have a hour meter...is to say the tach drive cable is broken.

If it runs decent, everthing operates normally - Then $1500. is a steal.

Mark

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter?
How do I know if it has a differential lock or not? Do all Yanmars have this?

Thanks

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter? #9  
It does....never seen an Yanmar without a differential lock.

There will be a steel pedal mounted at the back of your right foot heel...as you sit on the tractor.

Mark

/ Yanmar 1602 without hour meter?
As an update to this post-- I ended up buying this tractor. It did, in fact, have an hour meter which read 647 hrs. Everything on it worked. It went into gear easily and ran well. No smoke after warming up. Even the horn works. My 4 year old son loves the horn.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I will be checking back in to this forum quite often.

Jim Grant

Yanmar 1602