FEL hydraulics

/ FEL hydraulics #1  

htiek126

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TA270F, Yanmar YM1510D, Mitsubishi MT2201D
I finally received my 1510D from a group buy direct from Japan. The tractor looks and runs great with the exception of a bad voltage regulator, and I still need to test the 4wd. I am building a FEL, and I am looking for advice on plumbing the hydraulics. I plan to splice into the high pressure line near the hydraulic pump, but I am unfamiliar with the details of attaching the fittings to the cut line. My earlier post about finding a cartridge filter for the 1510D was inaccurate. My service manual for the 186D shows a filter near the hydraulic pump, but apparently the 1510D does not have that filter. Also, does anyone know what a reasonable lifting weight on the FEL for a 1510D would be? The front axle looks a little small to me. I was planning to build a 6 cubic foot bucket to lift about 600 pounds of material.

Thank you in advance,

Keith

/ FEL hydraulics #2  
I have a ym1810, similar size to the 1510 and I have a qt1846 loader from bush hog. The 1846 is rated at 725lbs. I would not go with a big bucket, 4ft is about as large as I would want to go. A 5ft looks out of place and just allows you to overload the tractor that much easiser.
http://www.bushhog.com/specbook/1846-49.html for 1846 specs.

/ FEL hydraulics #3  
GWS seems to have covered the loader rating. I agree with what he says, especially the bit about not going with a wider than 4 foot bucket.
On the hydraulics, my thought would be to get a set of spool valves with power beyond capability. Put the valve body in series with the high pressure line, leading from the power beyond port to wherever the old high pressure was going.
Yours is an open center system, which means that fluid is flowing around the system at all times and you get power by momentarily diverting some or all of the flow.

/ FEL hydraulics
I already have my 2 spool with float and power beyond valve. I believe there have been some past posts about splicing into the high pressure line, but I don't think anyone explained how to get the fittings onto the high pressure line. I would make the connections at the pump and rear of the tractor, but I am uncertain that the connection is standard. The high pressure line has a wide circular end that lays flat against the pump and tractor (rather than a straight threaded fitting). I do plan to put a 4 foot wide bucket with about 20" in height and length.

Keith

/ FEL hydraulics #5  
I cut the hydraulic line by the fuel filter & braze on fittings. Your bucket will be about the right size. I've picked up a 55 gallon barrel of oil(500 lb) with a YM1500d. That is the max for that tractor. the YM1510d woould be less due to the position of the front axle.

/ FEL hydraulics
What is a good source for the braze on hydraulic fittings? I am guessing the high pressure line is metric, and I would like to use standard hydraulic threads for the hoses.

Keith

/ FEL hydraulics #7  
Use can use black 3/8" pipe fittings or burn the galvanize off of galvanized fottongs. I use a reducer & drill the one end to fit the line. Drill bigger than the line so the brazing can sweat in betwwen the line & fitting. Hydraulic haos can have pipe threads. (What I prefer)

/ FEL hydraulics
That sounds like a pretty good idea, thank you for the information. Keith

/ FEL hydraulics #10  
OK. Let me get this straight. I am thinking of putting a rear loader (http://www.affordableequipment.com/RearLoader.htm)
on my 1610D. So I would cut the line, braze on fittings, and put an open center valve in series with the pressure line from the pump. Also how many GPM must the valve be able to handle?

Rich