amber light and rear light on

/ amber light and rear light on #1  

beanbag

Just purchased a 1500d at a farm auction. Tractor seems to run and operate fine however I do have a light on its amber colored I think battery but I can't read Chinese. The light on the right rear fender also stays on.
thanks for the help(I need to get a manual)

/ amber light and rear light on #2  
Does it have a little engraving on the light bulb cover with a picture of a battery maybe?

The light on the rear fender, are you talking about the signal light or the rear-facing work light?

I am having some wiring trouble of my own right now but at least I can troubleshoot some of this stuff. You can to I'm sure (shoot, I don't really know what I'm doing!), as long as you have a voltmeter and something to test continuity with (I use a digital voltmeter/continuity tester/combo... thingy). Helps out a lot. As does just sitting down and tracing the wires all over your tractor. A good manual with a wiring diagram helps a LOT too, mine sure did come in handy.

/ amber light and rear light on
I think it looks like a battery it's on the upper left side of instrument panel. the light on the fender is the turn signal light. Maybe tommorw I'll get time to poke around with a meter.

/ amber light and rear light on #4  
First off, its not Chinese, its Japanese, though I doubt it makes a difference. If it is the charge light that is on, a lot of people have been having trouble with the regulators. Before I spent any money on parts I would carefully check all the wiring first. That type of alternator or generator uses a current limiter that regulates voltage by grounding current. It is very important that the regulator have a good ground or it will fry. As far as the light on the fender, they origially were turn signal lamps. There should be a 3 position rotary switch on the dash that controls it. Turn it to the left and the left turn signal flashes, right and the right signal flashes, and middle is off. There is a flasher in the dash that makes it flash. It is a little silver cylinder that has two terminals on it. If the light is on but not flashing it is bad. That is a generic part that can be picked up at a parts store. It should not be on unless the switch is either fully left or right. I tied mine together so they would both flash at the same time, like emergency flashers. The Japanese used their tractors on the road all the time so they were required to have turn signals.

/ amber light and rear light on #5  
Makes a lot of difference to me that its Japanese insted of Chinese.

Bruce

/ amber light and rear light on #6  
I don't know for sure about which models have the battery level sensor hook up, which U.S. batteries don't have. You can go to the Hoye, battery water level light to see how to "fix" it.

Jerry

/ amber light and rear light on #7  
The battery level water light makes more sense since the light is yellow instead of red. I looked at the link at hoye. Obviously a solder connection would be more secure, but if you don't have a soldering iron I see no reason you couldn't just use a crimp on butt connector.

As I was looking at the symbol beside the light today a little closer it looks like it my be a gas pump. Do these tractors have light for low fuel level sensor. Looked up by the battery for a bat. water level connector didn't see any.

/ amber light and rear light on #9  
If you decide the yellow indicator light is nothing to be concerned about, if it its bothering you, just take out the bulb.

Took a picture of the symbol and the writing and showed it to a Korean Guy at work he said that the light is for WATER LEVEL so must be a bad sensor thanks for all the in put.