60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab?

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
I was perusing one of the other threads and came across a web page for a dealer in Washington that was advertising an F80 (they claimed 90 hp) for under $18,000. I am planning on being in the market for a large cab tractor in the next couple of years and had pretty much planned for a Kioti DK65. However, we have a Yanmar F16D that we have had for over 8 years, put on over 1,000 hours, and have only had to do normal maintenance. For the cost savings between a new tractor and a grey market Yanmar, I would be comfortable with the Yanmar, providing that parts were available for it.

So my questions is, particularly for those who deal with them, are these larger Yanmars with cabs normally available, just not imported because of a limited market? I assume that they are not produced in the numbers of the smaller tractors because most of the farms do not justify a 70 or 80 hp machine. Are they used for the same thing (mostly tilling), just on larger tracts? Are they usually personally owned or company owed perhaps (I'm wondering if they have "factory farms"). Can they be had in good condition?

If anyone had any insight into this subject I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #2  
check with buck . I think he gets a few large tractors from time to time HOMELESSTRACTOR.COM

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #3  
Probably was one of buck's tractors he saw. EFC ?

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab?
It wasn't on Buck's site - it was one of the less-than-reputable VN rebuild dealer sites (I'm almost positive). I checked out EFC's and saw the YM7000D, which would certainly do the job. The one that I saw on the other site was an F80.

I would love to have the opportunity to do business with Buck, but he states that he will only do business within the are that he can service, and I'm in Kentucky. I really respect a dealer that has those kinds of convictions. Me, I mostly like to deal with dealers that have convicts (he-he - just kidding)!

Thanks for the input and the links.

Just out of curiousity, does anybody know what the going rate for a tractor like the YM7000D/cab would go for in good condition? If any of the dealers have sold some in the past, I would love if you could share that number with me so that I could see if the savings of it versus a new unit would justify going the grey market route. If you don't want to post it, feel free to send me a PM. Thanks again.

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #5  
Anyone know how closely related an F80 is to the T-80, the new crawler design Yanmar is importing to the West coast for vinyard and nursery farm use?

Attachments

• t-80.jpg
    t-80.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,679
   / 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #6  
No relation, the T-80 is a completely different machine.

Larger tractors in Japan are typically used in dairies. They are very hard to find with less than 3000 to 4000 hours. If you do find a good one it will be an Iseki or Shibaura. Larger F series Yanmar’s have a problem with rusty floor boards and weak transmissions. Larger YM series are almost impossible to locate these days but are very close to 4020 series JD’s.

If you want a good 80hp tractor with cab they are easy to come by for a reasonable price in a US model. Give me a call or email anytime I can help you find one.

Buck

EFC said:
No relation, the T-80 is a completely different machine.

Larger tractors in Japan are typically used in dairies. They are very hard to find with less than 3000 to 4000 hours. If you do find a good one it will be an Iseki or Shibaura. Larger F series Yanmar痴 have a problem with rusty floor boards and weak transmissions. Larger YM series are almost impossible to locate these days but are very close to 4020 series JD痴.

If you want a good 80hp tractor with cab they are easy to come by for a reasonable price in a US model. Give me a call or email anytime I can help you find one.

Buck

Dairies, huh? Never would have thought about that. So I assume that it is more like a business with day in/day out use as opposed to just tilling rice paddies a few times each year.

I was unaware of the problems that might be associated with the large Yanmars. I appreciate your advice very much.

What is the 80hp US model tractor that you are referring to? A Yanmar like the T-80 but with wheels or a different manufacturer altogether?

Thanks for the help. Take care.

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #8  
He was refering to the John Deere model 4020 tractor. Its a good all around tractor and was produced in large numbers. I have seen them priced from several thousand to 10 to 20 grand dpending on condition, age and other features. But it can be had in very good condition many times for a very reasonable price.

Dennis

Thanks for clearing it up, Dennis. I have no interest in a JD 4020 - I understand they were/are good tractors (Uncle had one that was junk, but that happens with anything). I had an older John Deere tractor (borderline junk) but my experience with my JD dealer completely turned me off. Unless it's a stellar deal, I steer clear of the Yellow and Green.

/ 60-80 HP Yanmar with Cab? #10  
Understood. Have you looked at some of the Allis Chalmers? Their 7000 series? I have an AC 7020 that I have been happy with though that series might be bigger than what you want. Maybe something for you to check.
Just had a thought also. Have you checked out Northern Tools? They sell an 80 hp tractor branded under their own name. Kind of downside is that its made in China, but what I have heard they arent bad tractors...leastways those that are sold by Northern Tools. And they ship them free. Something to look at I guess. I dont know much more than that about them.

Dennis