$1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO....

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #1  

NCGMAN

Bronze Member
Tractor
YANMAR
went to look at this tractor, drove 400 miles for nothing. man said it ran great and everything works perfect... not so!!!! motor had a really bad knock in it,, not the diesel knock,, this knock was really loud and never quieted down or went away. the hydrolic pump was screaming and wouldn't even pick me up 160 lbs. all the fuel lines were rotten and leaking, oil dip stick broken, well you all get the picture.. still looking...

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #2  
doesn't that p---- you off! deadbeats lie about condition jus to get you to come look. they got nothing to lose. keep looking. lots of them out there.

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #3  
I'm sorry to hear that.

Next thing we''ll hear is the poor guy who bought it joining here.

Post #1:
"motor had a really bad knock in it, the hydraulic pump screams, all the fuel lines are rotten and leaking, oil dip stick broken ... ..."

I hope everybody who looks at it recognises the problems you identified.

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #4  
Happens all too often. If the person has no integrity, what the heck do they care? Worst that happens is they don't sell it. There is no free lunch. Sold a unit some years ago to a non-local fellow who had driven 100+ miles to look at a tractor he was assured was in good running condition. He had looked us up before, so knew we were here (the tractor he looked at was about 10 miles from here). Said when he got there the tractor was in chest high weeds and had obviously not moved or run in a long time. Wouldn't even start. Suffice it to say he was really upset.,...said he couldn't believe the owner would just blatantly lie like that. Guess what....it's not as uncommon as some might think.

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #6  
Sorry to hear of your wasted time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't drive again without getting thorough photos emailed. Now adays, almost every digital camera will take short movies. You can have him email a 5 second video of a startup and running. It won't tell the whole story, but would be enough motivation to make the drive.

If the seller thinks its all too much trouble....well...you got the answer you needed. :)

The more stories I hear, the better I feel like I did with mine. Knock on wood. Good luck on your search.

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #7  
NCGMAN said:
went to look at this tractor, drove 400 miles for nothing. man said it ran great and everything works perfect... not so!!!! motor had a really bad knock in it,, not the diesel knock,, this knock was really loud and never quieted down or went away. the hydrolic pump was screaming and wouldn't even pick me up 160 lbs. all the fuel lines were rotten and leaking, oil dip stick broken, well you all get the picture.. still looking...

Is this the YM1300 you were asking about in another post? Have you heard a 2 cylinder diesel run before? I have to warn my customers before I start any of the two cylinders especially the smaller ones. They sound like a midget with steel hammer trapped in a metal box falling down a flight of stairs. I have had more than a few customers who said "no way it is supposed to sound like that, the rods are knocking" and walked off the lot calling me a liar and a crook. It even sounds louder if it is at all cold out. Just want to make sure that wasnt what you were hearing.

Rotten fuel lines is pretty normal for a 30 year old tractor and cost 5 dollars to replace. I would imagine the hydraulic filter was dirty and you were hearing cavitations, also easily fixed. I am not trying to stand up for the guy but one mans great condition is another mans junk and vice versa. It all depends on your expectations and at that price even a running tractor might be to high of an expectation.

Buck

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #8  
He is right about a 2 cylinder being noisy, I had a two cylinder, and I have an air cooled single cylinder yanmar and that thing sounds like its gonna blow up when its idling!! I give a bigs thumbs up for LMTC, I got 99% of my parts to fix the YM135 I used to have from him. MIke

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #9  
Why don't u (if you haven't already ) tell us where u are located. There mabe a dealer close

/ $1800.00 YANMAR;; NO,NO,NO,NO.... #10  
botamike said:
He is right about a 2 cylinder being noisy, I had a two cylinder, and I have an air cooled single cylinder yanmar and that thing sounds like its gonna blow up when its idling!! I give a bigs thumbs up for LMTC, I got 99% of my parts to fix the YM135 I used to have from him. MIke
== == I have 3 Kubota BX tractors.
A BX23 and 2 BX1500s
The 23 is a 3CYL
The BX1500s are 2 Cyl
The BX1500s are noisier and run rougher at a slow idle than the BX23.
Bump the BX1500s speed up to a very slightly higher idle and they are just as quiet and smooth as the BX23