Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab... formerly Yanmar 336D

Default Tillers...

With all this talk of Tillers and such, and spring just around the block (still a foot of snow or so up in my neck of the woods, and yes, I'm enjoying the FEL [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), what are everyones thoughts on a decent tiller for a YM336D? Size, make? Where to purchase, price, etc... (YM 336D has both 540 and 1000 rpm).

Thank you in advance!
    Couchsachraga
    P.S. Terrain to be tilled is rather rocky, and hilly.....

Default Re: Tillers...

all of the dealers on this board probably have excess tillers. I would find one in or close to your area and have a look and see if the size is right for your needs. It would probably run you from 400 to 700 depending on the condition, size and the quantity on hand.

gws
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar ym1810

I thought it was federal law that all yanmars be sold with a tiller regardless if you needed one or not -

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520 cab... formerly Yanmar 336D

Ok, then...Most of the dealers I've seen post here (and in the Dealer Thread) are in the Southeast / South US. Anyone up North (upstate NY) with a tiller they'd like to part with? YM336 is a 27hp PTO machine.....

Thank you as always,
    Couchsachraga

Tractor
    Hinomoto E2804, Hinomoto N239,

The exporter I use said very few US dealers get tillers by their own choice.

Eugene

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 2310 and IH 3414 w/loader and 3100 backhoe

I have a Yanmar RS1400 tiller on a 2310, its 5' wide and my 23 PTO HP machine has no trouble at all, even in hard clay. I ran it in the 540 speed with the tractor in 1st creeper gear. The tiller pulverises the ground. Your 336 would even have an easier time. The 5' tiller is the widest that I've run accross but if you could find a 6' your tractor would probably be able to handle it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 186D

I think the 5' king Kutter tiller is value priced at TSC. There have been quite a few positive posts about the KK tillers at TBN.

Chris

Chris...

Another nice feature on the KingKutter tiller is I've never ever heard anyone breaking a chain on them...

(they're gear driven...) [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have a Yanmar 1600 5+ feet on and FX24d, and this time of year we have many neighborhood friends. Just looked at a KK and liked the tines on it. My Yanmar has gone through a set of tines, here in So MD's sandy soil. Your machine is about the same size and HP and should handle such a tiller easily. If you get a used Japanese tiller get extra tines thrown in. My Yanmar tines are held in by 1 bolt and they can/have vibrated loose, have also lost several.

These tillerz are tough and the only thing I have seen is some very minor leakage around the seals. Not enough to even think about working on the theng