Tractor Sizing tiller size

/ tiller size #1  

8ball3290

Bronze Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2000
looking at a john deere 660 tiller for my yammy 2000.. is this tiller to big?
if so what size should i be looking at. thanks dave

/ tiller size #2  
In Japan most tractors are sold with tillers. Yanmar's RS1400 tiller says right on its decal that it's intended for a YM2000.

1400 mm = 56 inches. Is that Deere tiller about this size?

/ tiller size
i believe these to be the specs
-60" tilling width
-18" cutting circle
-6 blade rotor
-36 blades total
-8" depth
-adjustable slip clutch
-skid shoe depth control
-633 lbs

i got 120lbs of weights on the front.. gonna use it mainly for leveling out ground for new grass, a small garden, then a couple acres of food plots. i see those cheapo ones out for for 800 dollars and i know they dont get a lot of use, but i would rather spend a little extra and have parts easily available, and have something more reliable.

/ tiller size #4  
8ball3290 said:
i believe these to be the specs
-60" tilling width
-18" cutting circle
-6 blade rotor
-36 blades total
-8" depth
-adjustable slip clutch
-skid shoe depth control
-633 lbs

i got 120lbs of weights on the front.. gonna use it mainly for leveling out ground for new grass, a small garden, then a couple acres of food plots. i see those cheapo ones out for for 800 dollars and i know they dont get a lot of use, but i would rather spend a little extra and have parts easily available, and have something more reliable.

Take a look at the King Kutter Tiller, I think they are the best tiller on the market for the price. I have been selling them for about 12 years and the only parts I've sold for them are a few sets of tines. They are all gear driven.

Danny