YM276 won't move from time to time

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #1  

benkohn

I recently bought a Yanmar YM276 (diesel) with a front loader. The problem I had soon after buying it was that it would not move in any gear even with the clutch like pedal and gear changer system in any setting. Then after a dozen starts and tries in all gears the thing started to move. It still seemed to go into gear moving slowly then faster with less than expected moving power. The man who sold it to me had changed all the rear hydraulic fluid adding new tractor transmission fluid that seems to be the right kind of stuff and had put in a new filter for that in the rear.
It has just stopped moving again just after I fixed a flat tire on the rear and I can not get it to move. The parking brake is not on. It is not up against anything. There just seems to be no push to get it moving. It does kinda jerk when the motor is turned off. I am setting up to get a shop service manual but only have the owners manual that is of no real help.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Ben

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #2  
benkohn said:
I recently bought a Yanmar YM276 (diesel) with a front loader. The problem I had soon after buying it was that it would not move in any gear even with the clutch like pedal and gear changer system in any setting. Then after a dozen starts and tries in all gears the thing started to move. It still seemed to go into gear moving slowly then faster with less than expected moving power. The man who sold it to me had changed all the rear hydraulic fluid adding new tractor transmission fluid that seems to be the right kind of stuff and had put in a new filter for that in the rear.
It has just stopped moving again just after I fixed a flat tire on the rear and I can not get it to move. The parking brake is not on. It is not up against anything. There just seems to be no push to get it moving. It does kinda jerk when the motor is turned off. I am setting up to get a shop service manual but only have the owners manual that is of no real help.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Ben

I would make sure it has the right hydraulic oil in it, oil that meets JD303 specifications, remove the hydraulic screen in the transmission and clean it, install a new OEM hydraulic filter. I assume the hydraulic oil is on the full mark. If you still have problems I would look at the clutch and power shift pump. I have parts, service, and operation manuals for your YM276.

Danny

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #3  
We are having a similar situation with a 2310. We removed hyd. intake line from the hyd. resevoir and there was no fluid getting to the intake line. Does anyone know if there is a screen in the hydraulic resevoir?

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #4  
To answer my own question, we found the resevoir screen and it was completely clogged with gel. I expect this to fix our problem, hopefully it works for you as well.

/ YM276 won't move from time to time
Thank you all for your help. I have not yet been able to check the hydraulic line return from the rear end that drives the wheels. I did not know that I had even gotten any answers as this service does not seem to post that there is even a reply to my email site. that is regretful. I will let yuou know what the results are when I have checked it out. Thank you all for the consideration as it has been very helpful.
Grateful,
Ben Kohn,
Cocoa FL

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #6  
Do you know the history of the tractor ?? Did you buy from a friend ? dealer etc,??

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #7  
To receive notification, go to "My Home" scroll down to "Default Thread Subcription Mode" , select mode, scroll down to bottom of page and "save changes"

/ YM276 won't move from time to time #8  
Hello Tractorco. Where did you find the resevoir screen? I am looking for a clue to find mine on a newer (AF33) model